Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Leather Recaro Seats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather Recaro Seats

Hey guys,

Okay well I like to keep my car as clean as possible. As much as I'd like to have my in PERFECT condition, I always find things that remind me nothing can be perfect. Like everytime I wash my car, I find something new whether it be a scratch or a rock chip. So I noticed this morning that there are deep creases in my leather Recaro seats, on the left side bolster on the drivers seat and the right side bolster on the passengers seat. I know its something small, but I'm a real meticulous person. Anyone know of any products that can restore the leather or at least make the creases less noticeable? Or anyone even have these creases in their seats? Because I know I have a big ***, but I didnt know it could do this much to the seats.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
Hey guys,

Okay well I like to keep my car as clean as possible. As much as I'd like to have my in PERFECT condition, I always find things that remind me nothing can be perfect. Like everytime I wash my car, I find something new whether it be a scratch or a rock chip. So I noticed this morning that there are deep creases in my leather Recaro seats, on the left side bolster on the drivers seat and the right side bolster on the passengers seat. I know its something small, but I'm a real meticulous person. Anyone know of any products that can restore the leather or at least make the creases less noticeable? Or anyone even have these creases in their seats? Because I know I have a big ***, but I didnt know it could do this much to the seats.
I'll like to know too! I'm sure all the seats gets it a little. That's why I didn't get SSL. The seats gets too hot and cold and sticky and wrinkly.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:58 PM

Do what I did. Trade someone who has EvoVIII seats. The leather seats are heavy and slippery. The Cloth seats hold you much better they also do not show little wrinkles as much.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

My seats have a little bit of wrinkles/creases on the side bolsters also, but I assume it's all wear & tear. I think it's normal and natural if you use your seats often....kind of like shoes...
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

^^ thats why i'm glad its only the bolsters for us.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Oh okay.. So basically everyones bolsters get wrinkled from the wear and tear of getting in and out of the seats.. Especially when cornering hard and smashing on a side bolster. Dang, its just the wrinkles look kinda funny eh? I'm thinking about heading to my local Kragen to find some leather cleaner and conditioner, hopefully it'll help. I'll update this thread when I do.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
Oh okay.. So basically everyones bolsters get wrinkled from the wear and tear of getting in and out of the seats.. Especially when cornering hard and smashing on a side bolster. Dang, its just the wrinkles look kinda funny eh? I'm thinking about heading to my local Kragen to find some leather cleaner and conditioner, hopefully it'll help. I'll update this thread when I do.
You're right, it's just normal wear and tear and nobody can stop it....It just happens even though you and I would like our Evo's to look new always...but that's impossible. If you mess with fixing the leather, you run the high probability of making the situation worst and creating more worries for yourself.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

i feel a metal rod on my bolster
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

At the minimum you can apply a decent leather conditioner product like Lexol to keep the leather as soft as possible, which can prevent (or reduce the number)many of the wrinkles you speak about.

The leather used by Mitsubishi is average at best compared to the leather used in most German cars.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 05:45 PM

i got the wrinkles too and it annoys me like crazy. too bad there is nothing that can be done