Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Canadian Newb

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Newb

first of all my name is andrew and i live in toronto canada. joined the forum in 2006 but this is like my second post since lancer evolutions were illegal in canada because of the bumper law so i didn't bother looking around here. however since they're legal now in canada that changes everything. i'm interested in an older generation of the lancer evolution preferably the evo4-evo6. now i know evo4 is the first LHD evo ever made (not sure) but were they ever released in the states? and also what about the evo5 and evo6. if any of the above were released in canada how rare is it to find one? how much will it set me back for?

fyi i'm currently 19 turning 20 soon, studying in 2nd year of university. wanted to buy a 240sx at first and after i saved up enough for it i thought hey maybe i should save up a bit more for a gc8 impreza then thought why not save up even more for a bnr32?? so now i'm considering to buy an old evo if the price is in my range
Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo VIII was the first released in the US, the older models were not sold in the US, although some do exist. Heck, we have a VI driving around here in Winnipeg and a couple Evo 1's in our club.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:13 PM

thanks for the reply kind of disappointing but i guess i'll have to wait for them to be 15 years old then

-Andrew
Old Sep 20, 2008, 05:55 AM

you can buy an evo 1 from japan, many of which have II and III upgades

you can also get VIII and IX's now from the states

im in niagara falls, ontario, and i now own an VIII.

and i my opinion, dont go with an R32. thats what I owned before my evo and in my opinion, the evo is much better.