Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie to the import world... coming from LSx platform

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie to the import world... coming from LSx platform

Hey guys! I currently have a 98 T/A WS6 that I have just finished paying off and modding. But now I need a DD. I have been a long time member over at LS1Tech.com and have and still do love the LSX powered vehicles! I stopped by a local Mistubishi dealership today and checked out the new Evo X and I think I fell in love...

Gorgeous styling, awesome feeling seats, decent price, awd, etc...

Here's my question, I am seriously considering making this my next toy but don't know much about them. I want a car that I can modify deep into the 11's but keep as a DD. I like the fact that this thing will out handle about anything but don't know much about flat out straight line performance with them. From what I understand they can gain A TON from just intake, exhaust and a tune but how much? And what intake should I look into, what exhaust and who should I look at doing my tuning?

I am clueless about these cars but like what I've seen so far. I want a very soild performer that can be modified to be a handful. I am also interested in the STI's... older ones, the new ones are hideous in my opinion.

Anyways, feel free to enlighten me guys, I would like to make my purchase soon!

Thanks,

Drew
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Although still fairly brand new the X platform looks promising as a lot of companies are working on the mods for the car. For mods just go with what you think fits you best at the time, I suggest staged upgrades as you will save some money. Some have already taken this car into the 11's and im sure in the future there will be even more improvements. Anyway, good luck and take some pics when you get the X.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

You will not be disappointed with a X.

Welcome.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:25 PM

Thanks guys. Well here's the deal. I've got about 4 or 5k saved up that to be honest I would like to dump into mods right away with the car. I would like it to be in the 11's as well.

It was money that I was going to drop into the T/A but I've already taken that thing about as far as i'd like to so I'm going to be modding the next car with it.

Can you guys give me some suggestions on where the money should go? Like I said, I want to be in the 11's and I would like to have it handle amazingly. Open to suggestions! I'm really looking forward to understanding the Evo's!

Thanks guys,

Drew
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

It should go to AMS.

Give them a call.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

- Intake
- Exhaust
- Front Mount
- MBC
- Reflash
- Clutch

That'd be a good start. After those it's pretty much anything goes. I'll say that my experience is with the 8 and 9's, which with the above can break into the 11's consistently. Everything I've seen indicates that the X's seem to be pretty responsive to those initial mod's as well. After that there's many different paths you can go depending on if you want to keep it stock turbo, etc.

...you could always twin turbo the T/A, those are always fun.

If your considering the STi for daily driving only that'd be an option. However It's very rare to see STi's run 11's unless you've put greater than $5,000 into it. An Evo would be ideal for daily driving / 11sec. Not trying to be biased here, I like the STi's but I wouldn't buy one to mod, for now at least.

Last edited by Bggstin; Nov 16, 2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bggstin
- Intake
- Exhaust
- MBC
- Reflash

That'd be a good start. After those it's pretty much anything goes. I'll say that my experience is with the 8 and 9's, which with the above can break into the 11's. Everything I've seen indicates that the X's seem to be pretty responsive to those initial mod's as well. After that there's many different paths you can go depending on if you want to keep it stock turbo, etc.

Congrats on the X!

...you could always twin turbo the T/A, those are always fun.
Yeah, the T/A is a procharged LS2... 802 to the tire. It doesn't need any more power lol.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 98 Redbird
Yeah, the T/A is a procharged LS2... 802 to the tire. It doesn't need any more power lol.
Nice. From than I take it you will eventually want to progress through the 11's then. lol.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:46 PM

Evo X's are nice. They definately have the potential to run 11's all day, but they are just new in development and there is still a lot of testing being done on them. I know for a fact with simple bolt ons you can make an evo 8 or 9 run 11's. Your T/A sounds SICK!! My Brother has got an 86 with a built 355, trick flow heads, .513 lift cam I believe, and a nice carbed setup...making around 350rwhp. Built for boost. 802 is Ridiculous! Got any vids??
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bggstin
Nice. From than I take it you will eventually want to progress through the 11's then. lol.
More than likely lol
Old Nov 17, 2008, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by HyaboostaIX
Evo X's are nice. They definately have the potential to run 11's all day, but they are just new in development and there is still a lot of testing being done on them. I know for a fact with simple bolt ons you can make an evo 8 or 9 run 11's. Your T/A sounds SICK!! My Brother has got an 86 with a built 355, trick flow heads, .513 lift cam I believe, and a nice carbed setup...making around 350rwhp. Built for boost. 802 is Ridiculous! Got any vids??
Well here's a video back when it was heads/cam/trans/boltons/etc.... No new videos though, been too damn busy to stop and enjoy the thing lol...

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=MVI_1554.flv

And here's a pic...