Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

X or IX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X or IX

So I stopped by my local Mitsu dealer the other day and test drove both the Evo IX and Evo X. Of course, the Evo X had a much more nice interior and good exterior looks and I thought the Evo IX had an decent interior and attractive exterior too.

I must say the Evo X provides a much more smoothe ride, but I really like the raw power feel to the Evo IX. I'm sure some of us know about the 0% apr for 60 months if we buy a new Evo, but I just can't seem to totally buy into the new Evo X. I was looking to see if all the Evo X owners had anything good to say of why I should consider an Evo X over an Evo IX or vice versa. No, I'm not trying to throw a fit between all the Evo X or Evo IX owners. I just wanted to hear all the comments from the real Evo X owners. Feel free to voice your opinions because it will be of great assisstance!! Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think in all reality, is what you will be using this car for. I think the new X is more of a everyday drivers car and even with light modifications the new X out produces the older IX & VIII's in terms of power. Also the new X is underpowered from the factory to meet federal emission regulations. So with a small tune you get all the power back that the car should originally have and it would be very comparable to the IX, however the X pulls better all the way to redline.

I would say if you want a livable daily driver with modern conveniences get a X.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ix ftw!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:59 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Get out the flamesuits. I would say buy what you want.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope no one on here actually tries to sell the idea of owning a X to him. The OP should get what he wants.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Get what you want, this is a very sensitive topic!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 235 Likes on 211 Posts
I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed already, no offense
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

this topic has been discussed time and time again. This should get closed...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-ix-merge.html
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

I own both and like both it's a hard decision.

The X is better for every day, more comfortable, safer, looks nicer inside, and is a great car I just don't like the HIGH rpm's it runs on the highway and smaller trunk.

The IX is great for modding, lighter, and is a good car. The traction control isn't near as good as the X's it has a larger trunk.

If I were in your situation going out and buying a NEW car I'd get the X it's a good car!

Between my wife and I we have owned/ own:

06 EVO IX MR my car
06 subi STI traded for 05 Evo VIII wifeys
05 EVO VIII Traded for 08 EVO X GSR wifeys
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

He's new give him a break and help the guy out he's asking for your opinion not BS. It shouldn't be that sensitive topic it's a car.

I agree it's a personal preference though. Obviously you can read about the differences on edmunds, it's a profesional review, but it's not a personal review of the cars.

You guy's are tough on people!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:02 AM
Account Disabled

both are cool.. you'll win either way..
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

I like the paddle shifter that the X has but either or it's a win win situation
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

I Test Drove the X MR I really didn't prefer using the paddle shifters. To me it felt better to just put the shifter in drive and select the setting for the type of driving I was doing. I only drove it for 15 minuites, I don't remember much of the experience.

My Outlander XLS has the paddle shifters, I'm used to them, but don't use them much either. It is kinda cool to just slap the paddle into 6th, and set the cruise control, you can get some good gas mileage!

So if your into the paddle thing then the X MR has that advantage......... Though you can always add them aftermarket to an IX aswell.

Last edited by D420mac; Feb 23, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for all your advice and comments. It really did help. For some reason I kind of like the manual shifting of the IX more than the paddle shifting of the X. But I must agree the X is a better car for daily driving because it's so smooth from the inside.

It is still a tough decision. Although the IX seems to be holding its price value well compared to a new X gsr. So that's one of the reason why I'm still stuck in between getting a IX or X.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 06:41 PM

I'm looking for a new car at some point in the future, and Evo is definitely the way I'm leaning. From all the info I've taken up from lurking it seems the IX is the way to go...

Quick Reply: X or IX