Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

you think the evo will hold value like the supra?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just traded my 06 EVO MR in and got 16K for it! So the answer is N O!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:52 PM

Comparing a Toyota product to a Mitsubishi product is silly
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

With this economy, nothing is holding its value.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bradw3488
Comparing a Toyota product to a Mitsubishi product is silly
Its silly when you don't compare apples to oranges.

www.nadaguides.com

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited w/ 25,000 miles Clean trade in value 19,950

2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX MR w/ 25,000 miles Clean trade in value 21,250

I think both cars list similarly when new. Supras were more money and rarer and not a good comparison.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
as stated earlier mits has to stop making evos for the valve to go up on them or stay put period as long as there in production it will drop NOW another way is if people keep and continue to wreck them doing dumbass things. at that point they will become rare and then there usdm versions so even rarer not to many of them made.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bradw3488
Just traded my 06 EVO MR in and got 16K for it! So the answer is N O!
you got f*cked on that deal

but to continue on...
and if your paying 6k a year for insurance, its time to get another car. these cars will never hold thier value, even the SE's depreciate a lot so dont listen to that BS that was posted in here earlier. these cars are not rare at all and were very easy to get ahold of, so their not gonna appreciate in value
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX

but to continue on...
and if your paying 6k a year for insurance, its time to get another car. these cars will never hold their value, even the SE's depreciate a lot so dont listen to that BS that was posted in here earlier. these cars are not rare at all and were very easy to get a hold of, so their not gonna appreciate in value
people like YOU lower the value of these cars. you'd never see a supra enthusiast speaking this way about a supra.

and if your going to come at me with the, ITS THE TRUTH BS, please stop yourself right there, your opinion is not THE TRUTH, its your opinion.

value is determined by supply and demand. how ever in this situation there's another factor, being the willingness of an owner to lower the price to see the car go. most owners refuse to give up their evos for free particularly if they are evo ix's. and about the SE'S trash talk, dude really? i mean they are only the evo ix's with the highest demand. speak with facts not just your OPINION when addressing a question of value.

no one said they will APPRECIATE IN VALUE. supras were 50k when new if not more. they now go for about 25-30 so thats not apreciation. the question here is will they hold their values as the supra. and the answer is

supra's have depreciated 42.72% on their average price vs original new price tag.

03-06 Evo's have depreciated 30.3% on their average price vs original new price tag.

the average price of an evo is 23,000 the average price of a supra is 28,600. the 03-06 Evo was 33,000 the supra was 50,000.

its up to the owners if they will hold value or not, by holding them for a firm price, and not letting the 18 year olds trash talking the price of every for sale thread that an evo is posted on because they cant afford it.

this is how i see it, if the car has brembos, or came with monoblock calipers in at least the FRONT. its a pretty serious purpose built vehicle that yes will have a high demand. OURS COME WITH ALUMINUM ROOFS, FENDERS, HOODS, SUSPENSION ARMS, brembos, AUTOMOTIVE MOTORSPORTS HISTORICALLY PROVEN POWERTRAIN, momo steering wheels, BBS RIMS, inverted struts, and RECAROS.... they are not exotics, but they are pretty ****ing SERIOUS cars.

even tho the company treats us owners like ****.

Eddie Rosado
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:27 PM

I think it's possible for the Evo VIII and IX to become collectors one day, but not any time soon. They are still farely easy to come by and have not had enough time to prove themselves in the long run. Maybe in 10-20 years, if Evo's are difficult to find, and the ones that are left are still running great.

I also don't agree that it would depend on if Mitsubishi continues to manufacture Evo's. Ford still manufactures mustangs but a '67 Mustang can easily sell for more than $30K. It depends more on if the VIII and IX Evos remain icons in the Evo world and are able to still stand out among future generations.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX View Post

but to continue on...
and if your paying 6k a year for insurance, its time to get another car. these cars will never hold their value, even the SE's depreciate a lot so dont listen to that BS that was posted in here earlier. these cars are not rare at all and were very easy to get a hold of, so their not gonna appreciate in value
people like YOU lower the value of these cars. you'd never see a supra enthusiast speaking this way about a supra.

and if your going to come at me with the, ITS THE TRUTH BS, please stop yourself right there, your opinion is not THE TRUTH, its your opinion.

value is determined by supply and demand. how ever in this situation there's another factor, being the willingness of an owner to lower the price to see the car go. most owners refuse to give up their evos for free particularly if they are evo ix's. and about the SE'S trash talk, dude really? i mean they are only the evo ix's with the highest demand. speak with facts not just your OPINION when addressing a question of value.

no one said they will APPRECIATE IN VALUE. supras were 50k when new if not more. they now go for about 25-30 so thats not apreciation. the question here is will they hold their values as the supra. and the answer is

supra's have depreciated 42.72% on their average price vs original new price tag.

03-06 Evo's have depreciated 30.3% on their average price vs original new price tag.

the average price of an evo is 23,000 the average price of a supra is 28,600. the 03-06 Evo was 33,000 the supra was 50,000.

its up to the owners if they will hold value or not, by holding them for a firm price, and not letting the 18 year olds trash talking the price of every for sale thread that an evo is posted on because they cant afford it.

this is how i see it, if the car has brembos, or came with monoblock calipers in at least the FRONT. its a pretty serious purpose built vehicle that yes will have a high demand. OURS COME WITH ALUMINUM ROOFS, FENDERS, HOODS, SUSPENSION ARMS, brembos, AUTOMOTIVE MOTORSPORTS HISTORICALLY PROVEN POWERTRAIN, momo steering wheels, BBS RIMS, inverted struts, and RECAROS.... they are not exotics, but they are pretty ****ing SERIOUS cars.

even tho the company treats us owners like ****.

Eddie Rosado

+1

Compared to a lot of other sports cars out there the EVO does resist depreciation a lot better than others. Its a very solidly built car and IMO will continnue to hold its value. About it not being rare, it depends on what your def of rare is. On the streets yes it is a rare car. Compared to Supra productions #s than no, not AS rare.

Last edited by veilside prius; Apr 8, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well if your stupid enough to think these cars will ever appreicate i cant help you there....
the supra hasnt been made for 10+ years now, mitsubishi is still making evos and doesnt have plans to stop anytime soon. so please tell me how a car thats still in production will appreciate? whether its a 8, 9 or 10. bottom line is its still a evo and VERY VERY few people looking for an evo will pay more then the value. the car is not in high demand at all and its hardly considered a rare car

please explain how me talking about our cars not appreciating will actually keep them from appreciating. i didnt know everyone in the world goes off of what i say. sorry for killing the value on your cars guys
Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Supras arent high in Demand either.

Theres a ****load on ebay for like 15-20K twin turbo ones

Want a car that can hold its value real well? Get a State title dskyline, lol.
You can find one now for a decent price, and dont ever worry about losing money on it. If anything, youll make some money

Just be careful as to how you answer those who pull you over.

I think evo holds value well. Mine is salvage and I get offered 17+K for it o_O...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

well if your stupid enough to think these cars will ever appreicate i cant help you there....
the supra hasnt been made for 10+ years now, mitsubishi is still making evos and doesnt have plans to stop anytime soon. so please tell me how a car thats still in production will appreciate? whether its a 8, 9 or 10. bottom line is its still a evo and VERY VERY few people looking for an evo will pay more then the value. the car is not in high demand at all and its hardly considered a rare car

please explain how me talking about our cars not appreciating will actually keep them from appreciating. i didnt know everyone in the world goes off of what i say. sorry for killing the value on your cars guys

You have to re-read the post's. no one is talking about 'appreciation', only SLOW DEPRECIATION.

and i'll explain to you how YOUR comments along with the comments of OTHER NEGATIVE comments amount to what the public reads about our cars. You search what people have to say about an evo, and they find what me and others write positively about them, then they find your irrational, inciting, ignorant, and INCORRECT comments. along with every other negative comment written by others like you. people like YOU are just one more source of NEGATIVE INCORRECT INFORMATION about a vehicle very dear to most of us. the public always pays more attention to the bad literature regarding anything than the good. its always been that way. the existence of comments like yours are unfortunate for any Evolution owner.

Eddie Rosado

Last edited by ModenaTwinTurbo; Apr 8, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only car that will hold its value in the future are IX MR's. They will be seen as more of a collector car future for sure since they only had them for one year and MR's where more rare and Desired. These will be the Evo's people will want to hold onto But all other Evo's are probably a No. The Evos will drop down to around 10k and sit at that price for a long while.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

the evo ix MR SE will be the most collectible one. then the evo ix se, then the evo ix mr, then all others from the 03-06 usa era.

Eddie Rosado
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe an idiot said that it will appreciate but, anybody with an oz of brain knows it will only depreciate.

u can talk about my car depreciating all you want. I don't plan on selling my car so idc if it lowers its value

Quick Reply: you think the evo will hold value like the supra?