Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New 2006 oz rally owner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New 2006 oz rally owner

Just got a practically steal of a deal 2006 oz rally lancer. Talked the dealership from 14k to 9k for a 5 speed manual with 53k miles on it. Going to turn it into a non turboed evo for now. Parts are alittle hard to find as I dont know which companies are trustworthy and I m not used to tuners. (Had a 1984 blazer before this, way different!!!) I will get some pics up once I wash it, I took it up some dirt trails so its pretty dirty. As I can see on the boards, the guys on here give alot of good advice. I m happy I ran into these boards cause I wanted to turbo charge it. But, being turbos cost a couple grand and takes alot of other parts in order to not blow the engine or destroy other parts. I rather get the cold air intake , eagle gt tires, body kit, and a few other parts first. As far as body kits whats the closest to the evo 2006 model?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you should have bought a civic, or mazda 3, or something worth 9k. you didn't get a steal of a deal. 9k is all it's worth, if that. the dealers suckered you into buying a POS. Lancers aren't worth the money at all. my brother bought a 2005 Ralliart in 2005 and has regretted it just about every day since.

i wouldn't even THINK about wasting all the money you're talking about on that car. just save your money, use the lancer for teh gas mileage until you can afford something better. all you'll do is dump all that money into the lancer, and it still won't be worth jack when you try to sell it. use all that mod money to put toward a good car in a year or two. it'll be a much better decision.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
Just got a practically steal of a deal 2006 oz rally lancer. Talked the dealership from 14k to 9k for a 5 speed manual with 53k miles on it. Going to turn it into a non turboed evo for now. Parts are alittle hard to find as I dont know which companies are trustworthy and I m not used to tuners. (Had a 1984 blazer before this, way different!!!) I will get some pics up once I wash it, I took it up some dirt trails so its pretty dirty. As I can see on the boards, the guys on here give alot of good advice. I m happy I ran into these boards cause I wanted to turbo charge it. But, being turbos cost a couple grand and takes alot of other parts in order to not blow the engine or destroy other parts. I rather get the cold air intake , eagle gt tires, body kit, and a few other parts first. As far as body kits whats the closest to the evo 2006 model?

If you spend time on this forum you will see that this isnt the forum for you or you will regret buying a (non turbo) Lancer.

Someone gimmie odds on this happening!?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 01:40 AM
Evolving Member

I dont mind not having a non lurbo lancer for the fact i test drove the evo, ralliart, wrx and a few others and wasnt impressed with the handing thus the oz rally. It does have a factory body kit already but I dont like the looks of it. I m getting a 91' 240sx hatchback so I dont mind a non turbo lancer cause the 240 will dominate all once my friend is going to sell it in about 3 yrs. (Has turbo, nos, rb-20 engine, aem cold air intake, custom exaust, carbon fiber body kit, stand alone engine management system by apexi I think, and alot of others and all for only $15,000 for a 91' with a $10,000 motor.) Non Turbo'd evo clone I think I ll get by
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

I dont mind not having a non lurbo lancer for the fact i test drove the evo, ralliart, wrx and a few others and wasnt impressed with the handing thus the oz rally. It does have a factory body kit already but I dont like the looks of it. I m getting a 91' 240sx hatchback so I dont mind a non turbo lancer cause the 240 will dominate all once my friend is going to sell it in about 3 yrs. (Has turbo, nos, rb-20 engine, aem cold air intake, custom exaust, carbon fiber body kit, stand alone engine management system by apexi I think, and alot of others and all for only $15,000 for a 91' with a $10,000 motor.) Non Turbo'd evo clone I think I ll get by
lol seriously?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Seriously... really... at least you have something that you wanted...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:26 AM

welcome mate... see you around
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the lancer but please leav it stock. And a 15k 240 is dumb
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:32 AM
Evolving Member

I wanted something I could build off of with parts I wanted a for about $9000 cheeper than trashed evo around here. I will probly dump $4000-$5000 in parts and performance. I do wish I could have seen the 350z in my area for 10k but oh well. This car will get there just need to compile a list of parts to start pricing, finding, and ordering. Any good all around online stores? Just wondering its not possible to get a rb20 into a lancer is it????

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Aug 19, 2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
You can put any engine into any car but whether it's affordable is something completely different. I'm sorry to tell you, but you're not driving a non-turboed Evo clone. Your car is no more an Evo than a dog is a dinosaur. If you're serious about modding the car, read the FAQ in my sig first. I spent 5000$ on performance alone and gained jack all.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

I know its not a evo now but I want something that can beat most stock cars right now I cant even beat a freakin miata!(I dont think it was stock though.....that thing took off like a bat out of hell!)
Thanks though for that post link that helped alot. I know it wont ever be faster than a upgraded evo dropping that much in but I like working on cars and this is something I want to do for fun.

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Aug 19, 2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added a comment
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

welcome. enjoy your stay!

as others have stated, the Lancer is absolutely NOT "an evo without a turbo". if you somehow thought you are buying a car you can "race"... well,

further, as ambystom01 points out, he spent thousands on his Lancer, and barely gained any whp, i.e. dont waste a dollar on this car!!

as far as bodykit, adding anything to the Lancer will only add unnecessary weight, and make it a lot worse looking - RICE!
the OZ rally edition that you have is decent the way it is. dont touch the outside....

as far as whether this was the right choice, well if you had an 1984 blazer before, this is certainly a ncie upgrade. yes, perhaps a Civic or Mazda3 would have been a better choice. However, whats done is done. this is a decent little car, fun, zippy, returns great mpg, and is pretty reliable! Enjoy it for what its worth, DD it, and save up for something better. dont spend a penny on any mods - its just not worth it!

Good Luck
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I know its not a evo now but I want something that can beat most stock cars right now I cant even beat a freakin miata!(I dont think it was stock though.....that thing took off like a bat out of hell!)
Thanks though for that post link that helped alot. I know it wont ever be faster than a upgraded evo dropping that much in but I like working on cars and this is something I want to do for fun.
I'm sorry but if that's what you want, you either have to spend a lot of money on the Lancer or buy a new car.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

I know it wont be that great but its the challenge and fun of it. plus it will give me a chance to get used to the parts styles while putting some stuff like a cold air in.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

can't say we didn't try to warn you. after you've wasted hundreds, maybe thousands and still have a car not even worth half what you originally paid for it, you'll wish you'd listened. good luck

Quick Reply: New 2006 oz rally owner