Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New girl

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New girl

Hey guys...My name's Lauren. My friend told me about this site because I'm looking for a stock 03 Evo. Any help would be aawweesomme. I don't know too much about them yet so any info, pros n cons, etc would also be great. Nice to meet yall.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by driftcandy
Hey guys...My name's Lauren. My friend told me about this site because I'm looking for a stock 03 Evo. Any help would be aawweesomme. I don't know too much about them yet so any info, pros n cons, etc would also be great. Nice to meet yall.
Good luck finding yours! Mine just fell into my lap! Completely stock, babied, for 14,900.

Just keep a weather eye, and you will find what you are looking for.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey Lauren Welcome, from experience just take your time in looking & reading about the Evo. This site has enough info for days. So get yourself a comfy chair & search, you will find & read....GL
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

The evos are sweet you will love them, no cons just PROS when it comes to evos
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

lets get a bit more real erald, as much as I love my evo and I have sunk mucho dinero in it, these are expensive cars to maintain and especially once you get the mod bug.

That is probably the biggest con I can think of.

other than that these cars are pretty tight
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:33 AM

You should do alot of reading/searching on this site. There are plenty of threads you can find about this. The most obvious cons being it is expensive to maintain, and repairs are expensive. Many people do have problems with reliability most notably the transfer case and tranny problems. Also, right now I have a mystery issue with mine, and its very difficult to diagnose.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

welcome and yeah evos are expensive to own. Once you start modding you just don't stop!!! But I love my evo, couldn't imagine not having it now.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:31 AM

Ah, yall are so convincing. I just sold my integra tonight so I'm onto bigger and better (i hope) things. Hate to see that they are expensive but I have my gixxer up for sale so that'll be money to save if anything happens. I have three in mind. blue, silver, and black. all at least 6+ hours away. so its gonna be a hard pick cuz i cant just travel all these places lol And I have absolutely no idea how im gonna pick. I guess the one with the least miles?? All of them are stock.

Think I will do some reading, but does anyone know about the longevity of these cars?

I'm gonna try not to mod it. I really dont wanna lol but we'll see.

I want yalls opinions on the colors haha.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is you take care of them and do the maintenance they last long. There is a guy on here with over 200k miles on the car. I personally would go with black but thats me i actually have a blue one because it was the nicest one i could find and not beat on.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:40 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, and good luck in your search. Word of advice, be pateint. Alot of people mod the crap out of the car, and then converting back to stock and sell them. On the other hand, buying a modded car that's well cared for may no be bad either. Just thoroughly go over everything. As for maintenance, it doesn't cost anymore than the next car IMO. I have 107k for dd and autox and it's running great. Again, welcome.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:09 AM

Welcome! I just became a member not to long ago myself so glad to see another on here with me My advice is just be patient and do your researching first. Evo's are great cars...my fav. Pro's they can take minor mods and get great results, there hot as hell and of course the 4g Con's they can become expensive, most common issues I see with evo's are their trannys especially the 03's. My advice is if you dont know to much stick with your gut on getting a stock one and then do mods later as you learn what you like. Good luck girl
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:33 PM

Why thank you. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm out of a car. And all the cars that I found (stock) are far away. I'm trying to be excited about it, but I'm also scared that I won't choose the right one. I dunno where else to look. And I'm just kinda "bleh".

I do like the black and silver. Not so much the blue or red. Although they still look good. Ahhhhhhhhhh

I'll be sure to post up whichever car I choose. Hopefully, it'll be soon because I'm really anxious!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck finding an EVO. they are great cars. if you can afford it though, I'd go for a IX, or at least an 05 VIII. they aren't that expensive to maintain as long as you don't mod them poorly and cause them to break down. I've got 150k on my 06 IX MR, and it's cost me less to keep up than my 2000 honda accord EX for the 140k miles that i drove it. I give my car hell, and it keeps coming back for more. i've autocrossed, road raced, and been launching it since the temp tag was still in the window. i've drag raced it, and beat on it daily.

this car has been notoriously reliable. just keep up with the maintenance schedule and you're golden. these cars get expensive to maintain if you bring them to the dealership because they will assjack you on EVERYTHING. just an example: dealership will charge you anywhere from 200-400 bucks to replace spark plugs. you can buy the plugs yourself for 40 bucks and change them in less than 10 minutes. so just do your homework, DIY the maintenance, or find a good mechanic other than mitsu and this thing will be as cheap to maintain as any other car.

also, since you're new here, don't listen to all these people who badmouth EVO stock clutches. those people can't drive. i got 70k out of my stocker with plenty of launching, racing, and general vehicular tomfoolery. good luck, and can't wait to officially have you as a member of the EVO community.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Best you could do if you want to check for reliability is take the car down to a shop and get a multipoint inspection and get the motor pressure tested! It will cost you a little bit, but its better to fork over 100 bucks to know its a good car than to fork over 17000 for a car thats about to break.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 PM

I really appreciate yall's advice. Definitely taking it all in. I'm still scared ha. Do yall have any advice on specific things I should look at before buying the car? Is there any way to tell if it's been ragged or launched? Which I'm sure they all have..ahah

Sorry, I would read the forums I just don't have much time. Thanks so much!!

Quick Reply: New girl