Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Nissan 370Z Guy

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan 370Z Guy

Whats going on guys. I've been wanting to get an evo for a few months now and finally decided to sell my 370Z. I have been trying to get rid of it for a few weeks now with now luck. hopefully it will happen soon and I can make up my mind on Evo IX or Evo X.

Just wanted to say whats up. I hope to make the purchase soon so I can start getting some more advice. Have a good one guys.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my 05 350Z from Day 1 with 20 miles on it until 6 weeks ago with 82,000 miles on it. I've had my 06 IX for 6 weeks and blew the engine 3 weeks ago. I'm currently in the process of purchasing a fully built 2.4L.

Despite the setback, I'm still glad I made the decision. The only thing the Z did better, was look better. And even that is debatable.

I've already like the IX more than the X but there are upsides to both. Do the research and pull the trigger. You won't look back...

-Acree
Old May 2, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hows you blow the motor?? built block is always better hommie LOL. besides i have a Z and evo and love both once you turbo the z and add brakes its a beast.

Last edited by RockmanX; May 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:57 PM

i like the IX better......but the X is starting to rub off on me.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
why are you switching?
Old May 3, 2010, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to know how the motor blew up too.

Aside from the looks the evo 8 and 9 are currently much more mod friendly than the X is currently but thats apt to change as the tools for the car go with time. Suffice to say for heavy power builds it will be easier to use an older evo for both costs and range of availiable parts.

Seen a few high powered builds on the evo x as of late but those are at this time a pretty elite group. If your horsepower goals are moderate just choose whatever look suits you.
Old May 3, 2010, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Get both! If i had funds I would love to get the X too! Good luck with your pick. Test drive both! it'll blow your mind. Drive the X first then the IX. I noticed when I test drove the IX first the X felt so much slower but the cornering was amazing. But it's only my opinion =)
Old May 3, 2010, 06:29 AM
Account Disabled

I have only driven the X and I really like it. I have ridden in an evo vIII but not a IX. My whole problem is going to be selling my car.

I can trade right now for an evo X and 3 grand on top, but the 3K isn't going to be enough for me to do the mods that I am hoping to do. I have a feeling what I will end up doing is taking a huge loss on my car then getting an viii or ix.

I love my 370, but love the awd of the evos and of course the turbo! also, the modding capabilities... the Z doesn't take to mods very well . I have about 5 days left on my ebay listing. I'm hoping something happens soon... wish me luck.

Ebay item #300421976312

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
Old May 3, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

I was in the same boat as you about a year and a half ago. I had a nicely modded '07 350Z with the HR motor. The car was a blast, but didn't take well to mods at all, and the back seat/awd/turbo of the Evo lured me in. I wish I could own the Evo and a Z car, but I just don't have the money for that. If you are planning to mod the car, then you won't even look back once you have an Evo. The problem with selling a Z is that you have to take a hit on it, because there are so many of them around. I lost a ton on mods and depreciation in the one year that I owned the Z. I ended up selling it for less than what I bought my IX for, even though the Z was newer. Hopefully you find a buyer for your car soon and get into an Evo though. Since you said you haven't ridden in a IX, I'll give you one heads up. The interior(aside from the seats) will probably be a step down from the 370 for you. I'm not sure how into the appearance of the interior you are, but my old Z friends all noticed that right away when they first got in the Evo.
Old May 5, 2010, 05:28 PM
Account Disabled

thanks for the info... and ya I definitely know what your talking about... No offense to anyone here but imo, the interior is a little tacky (color wise), but I know that that's what you get with an evo. I still like them a lot. 2 days left in my auction, hopefully I can sell it. I have my eye on an evo X with a good amount of mods on it already but the guy isn't interested in a trade so I need to sell my car.

The only other good offer that I have received is from a dealer about 200 miles away (Their evo X plus them giving me $3500 on top, which is a really fair deal but I was hoping to have more on top so that I could mod it a little more initially.
Old May 5, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

i say go for the X cause no matter what newer is always better, its more comfy, more modern interior and it has proven to make some really good power and it responds to bolt ons just as good as the previous evos.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
hows you blow the motor?? built block is always better hommie LOL. besides i have a Z and evo and love both once you turbo the z and add brakes its a beast.
thats a nissan 3.5 for ya, not too shabby right?
<---
Old May 5, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I believe the tune the previous owner had in the vehicle is the reason the engine blew. The night before I was hearing what sounded like lifter tick. The engine blew at 3.5k rpm and 30% throttle. It threw a rod out of the front of the block.

-Acree
Old May 5, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Sorry to hear your motor blew Acree....especially sooooo soon after your purchase!! Good luck with the 2.4L and let us know the specs and your impressions once all is put back in and properly tuned!!!

To the OP; good luck selling your Z and let us know which model Evo you pick up when you do!!
Old May 5, 2010, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
^Sorry to hear your motor blew Acree....especially sooooo soon after your purchase!! Good luck with the 2.4L and let us know the specs and your impressions once all is put back in and properly tuned!!!

To the OP; good luck selling your Z and let us know which model Evo you pick up when you do!!
I will certainly be doing a full write up and thread etc. Also keep your eyes out for some pretty sick LED mods I'll be doing.

-Acree