Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Exhale ,, who has it and likes it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2003, 01:30 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhale ,, who has it and likes it?

Im looking to get his axel back, then piece together the rest, cat back, and down pipe when it comes out. Who has the axel back and is happy with it, and what does it sound like. Hopefully not ricey,,, but deeper i guess. And also what is different from the Works muffler than others, I guess the flap or somthing?

Im looking at getting everyhting from one vendor and WORKS is the one Im leaning towards. Even thou it maybe a few hundred dollars more than others, quality counts alot to me.

So who has this Exhale, and is there any seat of the pants difference you can tell with just this on? Or perhaps a dyno run with it on?

My P2 is going on shortly after I get this Exhale.

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2003, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

You might be better off (both $$ and quality) with a best of breed approach. There really isn't a good argument to getting it all from one vendor.

Burshur makes a nice axel back.

Dynoflash by mail is much less than works and is very competitive.

M 2 cents
Old Dec 4, 2003, 08:54 PM
Account Disabled

I see an Axle back as a waste, you have a 2.5 pressbent downpipe (restriction) to a CAT (VERY VERY RESTRICTIVE) to another preebent cat back with resonator, and then a very unhealthy 90 bend to the muffler thathas a built in restriction that the exhaust must force open to get optimal flow. Then you add a pipe that flows quite well, but what is it gona do that. ATLEAST get a Cat Back.

I guess an axle back would help slightly, but costs what $300 for a pipe with many restrictions in place.

I suggest getting a turbo back from the start, no tapeing down to fit cats, just 3.0 straight of the turbo, it will be the most cost effective and most performance for your $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old Dec 4, 2003, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have an exhale and it sounds good, pretty deep. It is kinda loud [I think] over stock. It's well made and has a nice angled tip.

I feel improvement at the top end, but I have the dynoflashed ECU also. I may have lost some boost, I don't know, but an advantage to the pipe is the weight savings over stock. I think you save 13 lbs?

I disagree that you need a full catback to benefit from this pipe. The OEM muffler is restricted and it holds back pressure even though you have a 2.5" DP, cat. So it frees up the back end of the exhaust. Even Buschur claims 10 whp with their pipe. I will wait for WORKS to release the other sections of the exhaust. But for now it works fine and took about 20 minutes to install with no jacking of the car.