Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Upper and lower intercooler pipes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upper and lower intercooler pipes

Im thinking im going to get new Uicp an licp. And was stuck between two setups. The Fujita Air Intake + Upper + Lower Intercooler Pipes or the Injen Intake w/Upper + Lower Intercooler Pipes. It seems most people have the injen, but is anyone ranning the Fujita? are you satisfied?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i would only use nisei or ets intercooler pipes
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Why do you say that?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Those are probably the pipes he has.
Originally Posted by clubEVO93
Why do you say that?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Because they are what you want if you are looking for a good balance of quality and cost. If you are looking for something cheap, by all means, go for Injen.

I've heard people have no issues with Injen. I've heard people having fitment problems and having to hack a few inches off. Their rubber hoses are poor quality and will probably have to spent $50-80 replacing them.

Last edited by Thore; Dec 31, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm maybe. what do you have?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thore
Because they are what you want if you are looking for a good balance of quality and cost. If you are looking for something cheap, by all means, go for Injen.
Injen are cheap? is that what you meant?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JonahEVO
Those are probably the pipes he has.
I only have a nisei lower pipe but from all the pipes ive seen installed they were the best fitting ones. other lower pipes ive seen stick below the bumper and prevent an undertray being installed. nisei and ets have similar lower pipes, and ets offers a short route or stock route upper pipe. the price for both companies seem very reasonable and are quality pieces
Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by clubEVO93
Injen are cheap? is that what you meant?
Yeah sorry I was referring to Injen. You can usually find them for sale used but if I were going to spend the money and get something new, I would go for quality. Yeah I'm feeding you with a lot of hearsay but I was just recently in the market for intercooler piping and this is the conclusion I came to. Only experience I had with Injen was way back when, I had a Mazda Protege and purchased an Injen CAI. Looked pretty but had a lot of fitment issues.

I went with ETS for the intercooler piping. They are less expensive than AMS and Buschur but still good quality parts. Plus they are local for me and ya know, gotta support your local shops
Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

If you want a decent deal on both UICP and LICP look at the muse motorsports pipe sets. Not made out of aluminum so you can torque the t-bolts that come with them and not worry about boost leaks. Great fit also... I'm reasonably sure they are a knockoff of the nisei piping, but oh well.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

lower pipe ets is the way to go great fitment and flows really good. As for uicp the best way to go is short route pipe, if you dont want to replace your battery with a small battery kit, then leave the stock uicp because the other long route uicp perform just like the oem one. So dont waste your money on an uicp unless its a short route.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Like what are UICP and LICP or you want to know prices?

ETS: http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

Also, you may want to consider the upper pipes if you are running into problems keeping the stock ones clamped down. The main reason why I purchased the kit. Old hoses were worn out and the T-Clamps weren't working.

I do hear opinions back and forth about any gains with the upper pipes. Most say you gain nothing but weight lost, more room in the engine bay and it looks purty. Other say because of the shorten pipe you would gain a bit of throttle response. ETS claims it is 2 feet shorter than stock. I would think you would gain something... I dunno
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

My car will only see ETS for those
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

If you can get hold of the Buschur Racing licp for stock type fmic, get it. I have one and it's great! If not, get the ETS licp. it's excellent! All pros. No cons from my knowledge. gl!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow so much bad information in here its sad. There is nothing majority wrong with the injen pipping system. Now i will say the licp does matter as it aids in spool so the ets version 2 licp showed some gains in spool but i have a custom lower ams because of the fp turbo race pipe but thats another story. The injen lower ic pipe fits fine with no bends that does allow you to put the undertray back on and if you cant thats installer error hands down. The intake is fine as well i have heard companies complain about the angle of the pipe but guess what no issues making power with it i have seen evos with 700+ whp using the system to perfection. The injen intake will give you gains and get the job done.

Anybody that thinks the upper intercooler pipe does anything is wrong. ITs does nothing for you just aesthetics. Get real sick of hearing people say the injen upper pipe and intake make no power and short route is better that is far form the truth. Im making plenty of power with them with more on the way. 586whp and more coming easy. Get you a complete tbolt clamp set form silconeintakes.com and your set now as far as the injen silcone hoses that come with the kit there is some truth to that as only one part in upper ic connection needs to be replaced as its to small you can get the proper hose from silconeintake along with your purchase of the tbolt kit the hose is no more more then 20 dollars. You also will need to get another smaller hose for the bov as it will pop out from boost sometimes. This does not happen on everybodies pipping kit but did on mine again another 3 dollars for a studier hose. I have a complete write up with hoses sizes i made for this site but cant find the thead its all listed on my website check this page out

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/312321...lancer/page-15

for the money the injen system cant be beat you can go and spend money on ets muse buschur and the list goes on but dont think they are better by any means upper ic pipe. Intake and licp is another issue but you will be perfectly fine with the complete injen system making good power when your ready all you have to do is replace two hoses wow a whole 25 dollars.

If you want to use another companies pipping system more power to you enjoy the fact that you have several options to choose from just dont follow bad information about a kit that will not hinder your power goals in any way once you replace 2 hoses and does not cost near as much as other brands

Quick Reply: Upper and lower intercooler pipes