Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo FNG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Evo FNG

Hey,
Just introducing myself. I just made the switch from a wrx to an evo X and let me just say I can't believe what i was missing. I'm in fairfax va and looking for good tuners or parts shops so feel free if you want to post any suggestions. I got my evo used with 16K on it completely stock and I can't wait to start modding it.

Short story in here I oicked up my evo cast Saturday brought it back to have them wet sand some scratches that were on it before i bought it... When I go to pick it up.... The detailed sanded the edge of the door so much took paint off down to the metal... On the other side he went so deep into the clear coat that e color is mismatched. This is just a warning to others beware of browns manassas Subaru. Other than that I am loving my car again any hints or suggestions let me know!
Ohh I do have a question, is there supposed to be a small knock in the sfter when going into third? Not engine knock just a small knock like the shifter is hitting something under the boot. Thanks all and looking forward to getting up to Atleast 375 real soon.
Matt
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase. Is the Evo stock? Maybe your Evo could use a drivetrain fluid service. It tends to help out a bit.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:19 AM

Yea it is stock, I'll see about that there are only abbot 16.5 k on the car. I'm going to research scheduled services now to get an idea of how often everything needs to be done
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The scheduled services include the drivetrain fluids being flushed every 15k miles. Chances are, if your car has that many miles, it will need that service as the prior owner may have skipped out on that before letting it go. I doubt the dealership would've done it.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Follow the server duty schedule for drivetrain fluids; you're due.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:09 PM

Thanks guys I checked out the spreadsheet posted in the other forum I'm actually gonna print it out. I need to look over the extended warranty I bought with it. The way it was explained fluids and tire rotations are included so I might just have em take care of it when I drop the car off on Friday for them to get the doors painted. I never would have thought a dealership would ihave a detailer so incompetent as to strip down the clear coat that low and take paint off door edges to the metal.. I'm still open to any one that knows good tuners near fairfax, stafford, McLean areas. Thanks again.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome!