Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New guy moving to Northern VA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy moving to Northern VA

Hey guys! I've been stalking this site for quite awhile but didn't want to make an account/post until I knew I was getting an Evo (matter of fact I didn't even knew I had an account until I tried to register for one today). Well that time has finally come as my car is on its last leg, and I just got a new job in the area. I'm REALLY hoping to hold out until December, so I can make a nice down payment, but if push comes to shove I'll just get one sooner. I just really hope they keep that body design for '12.

I've gotten insurance quotes for it, done alot of reading, and did a rough financial estimate to show that I could afford it. This will be my DD, so I doubt I'll track it often, but it would be nice to fiddle with that sometimes. I'll probably get some basic bolt ons for it, but nothing too excessive. I'm really hoping to get alot out of this car, as I know little about maintenance on cars and what not, but I've been in LOVE with Evos since the VII so this will be my pride and joy.

My only concerns:
1) I'm new to the area, so I have NO idea which dealer is good to get the car/service. I'm looking for a GG GSR, with SS and navi, if available of course.

2) I don't know how to drive stick. My mother tried to teach me years ago, so I get the concept, its just the muscle memory that I need to get down.

Thanks for all the help, and I can't wait to be apart of this awesome community!

Last edited by NOSintake; Aug 30, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome bro, I live and work in Mclean VA and get all my parts from Stoleman Mistubishi at a great deal, but i service my own car. I have a few freinds who have purchased cars and have them serviced there with no complaints, they also have quite a few new Evo's sitting on the lot right now. Hope that helps
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RjRacing05
Welcome bro, I live and work in Mclean VA and get all my parts from Stoleman Mistubishi at a great deal, but i service my own car. I have a few freinds who have purchased cars and have them serviced there with no complaints, they also have quite a few new Evo's sitting on the lot right now. Hope that helps
That's definitely good to hear. I went on their website, but I guess that doesn't show ALL of their stock on there. I'll have to swing by there when I move next week. Any clubs or anything in the area? I've heard of DC Evo club, and I think I've heard of another one, but I have no idea how active they are