Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I want an evo!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want an evo!

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need help/advice. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I leased a Civic 09 in 2009. I have few months left in the lease and I owe about $1500 on the lease. I really want to get an Evo for my next car. My plan was to wait for the lease to be over but I'm getting extremely impatient. I have been looking online for deals and I found an Evo MR 08 on autotrader with 26,000 miles on it for $28,000. The price doesn't seem bad but it's still kinda high for me.. I am leaning more towards MR than the GSR but if I can find a decent GSR in low 20's I would get the GSR. Anyways I called the dealer and explained to him the price issue and how I was still on a lease with Honda. He told me he can buy out my lease and bring the price down to $26,000. Can a dealership do that? *How does this work out? Will this be a good option for me? I JUST WANT AN EVO!*
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Go test drive an evo first, you seem a little to jumpy and may jump into a pos beat up evo. Take your time and do your homework.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:44 PM

yea just do it.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed. If your worried about cost an evo is not for you maintenance will be about 2-3 times as high ovver the honda. Not to mention insurance.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:07 PM

At the end of a lease you can turn the car in, trade it in on something else, or buy it at the residual price that was calculated when you first took out the lease. Want you need to do is figure out how much the Honda is worth, then decide which option you want to do. If the Honda is worth more than the residual you're better off buying it at the end of the lease and selling it yourself. If it's not worth as much as the residual then turn it in to the leasing company. The dealership that has the evo may already know that the honda is worth more than your payoff on it and that is why they are willing to take it from you on trade. They are probably using the excess amount that the Honda is worth to reduce the price of the evo. If that's the case, they are trying to sell you the evo at sticker price. Don't do it!

Any way you go, you need to figure out what the honda is worth before you can make a sound financial decision on whether to trade it now, or wait until the end of the lease.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by awdordie
Agreed. If your worried about cost an evo is not for you maintenance will be about 2-3 times as high ovver the honda. Not to mention insurance.

Yeah that!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:53 PM

Maintenance costs and insurance are both expensive and often overlooked by a lot of people interested in buying an Evo or any sports car for that matter. Make sure you take your time and calculate the costs of everything and there will always be Evo's for sale so don't worry about losing out on this particular one. It's fun and rewarding to own a car like an Evo as long as your prepared for costs that are associated with it but at the same time it isn't a whole lot of fun if the car owns you..
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:14 PM

I understand being impatient. I saw an evo i really wanted in houston texas (i live in huntsville alabama). Bought a plane ticket flew out there one morning, the owner picked me up at the airport, i drove an evo for my first time ever in Houston, bought it, and drove it home all in the same day.

BUT, I'd definitely wait on the lease. Dont rush it. since you havent seemed to have found the perfect one for you dont dive in. You dont want to buy one that is "kinda" what you wanted. keep looking man!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Absolutely do you homework! This is a great place to do it!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:12 PM

Do it
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:24 PM

I also upgraded from a civic to an evo.
do your research. If you are worried about maintenance (gas, insurance, etc) then it is not for you.
Gas for me lasted a week - two weeks(280 miles a tank), on the evo, a little less than a week (180 miles a tank).
Good luck
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

It depends on gas & insurance. My Evo is cheaper to insure than my RA also my X is my DD and I fill up every week and a half.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:20 PM

Do it x2
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:35 PM

you can try to sell it on buymylease.com i think the site is gl
Old Feb 9, 2012, 09:04 AM

Thanks for all the responses! I am only worried about the insurance when it comes down to payments. I plan on keeping it stock and using it as my DD. Finding a used Evo is harder than I thought it would be i'll prob wait till my lease is up unless I find some amazing deal.