Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help With Exhaust/Intake!! (Newbie)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help With Exhaust/Intake!! (Newbie)

I just got a Evo Ix not to long ago, and im still new at this whole car scene. I see alot on this forum that people are really satisfied with their Ebay Exhaust.

I just need help with finding the right one, are all "Ebay Exhaust" the same? if there are any good ones that anyone recommends? Links would be greatly appreciated!

And what would be a good intake to pair? Or any good intake? Links also Appreciated(:
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:13 PM

Dont buy ebay parts for your car. waste of money. ull end up going back later on a buying a better one one it fails. go speed density for intake and an hi flow exhaust, i use hks power exhaust
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dprez25
Dont buy ebay parts for your car. waste of money. ull end up going back later on a buying a better one one it fails. go speed density for intake and an hi flow exhaust, i use hks power exhaust
Its just that I'm trying to budget a little for the time being, and I heard that the eBay exhaust was a good substitute. And I browsed around the forum and people posted links, but they expired. Where can I find this speed density intake?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dprez25

do yourself a favor and dont listen to this guy. i run a 3" ebay turbo back exhaust with a magnaflow replacement muffler and i payed $225 total. the ebay units have been proven to make the same power as the top of the line mufflers because it is all just 3" tubing.

the hks exhaust is also not a true 3" system like the ebay exhaust so it wont make the same power and it will cost 3x more .

you can make plenty of power off the stock intake setup and your money is better spent elsewhere like a tune, lower intercooler pipe, or a invidia O2 housing. If you have to have one you should go with a simple intake like perrin, you can go with a speed density setup down the road but since your just starting to mod your car things like this can wait.

just remember to get a tune, that is the most important thing with these cars.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
do yourself a favor and dont listen to this guy. i run a 3" ebay turbo back exhaust with a magnaflow replacement muffler and i payed $225 total. the ebay units have been proven to make the same power as the top of the line mufflers because it is all just 3" tubing.

the hks exhaust is also not a true 3" system like the ebay exhaust so it wont make the same power and it will cost 3x more .

you can make plenty of power off the stock intake setup and your money is better spent elsewhere like a tune, lower intercooler pipe, or a invidia O2 housing. If you have to have one you should go with a simple intake like perrin, you can go with a speed density setup down the road but since your just starting to mod your car things like this can wait.

just remember to get a tune, that is the most important thing with these cars.
Hey thanks a lot.. I was just wondering if you can point me In the right direction of a good eBay exhaust? Like a link? Cause idk if theyre all the same? I've never used eBay before.. But isn't the Perrin intake a little pricey?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ktorres0327
Hey thanks a lot.. I was just wondering if you can point me In the right direction of a good eBay exhaust? Like a link? Cause idk if theyre all the same? I've never used eBay before.. But isn't the Perrin intake a little pricey?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-evo-only.html

look at this thread and find the one everyone else is using. i think its ss auto chrome or xs power i forget.

dont get an intake right now you dont need it, get the invidia o2 housing, exhaust, and a tune. you'll be more then happy with that
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-evo-only.html

look at this thread and find the one everyone else is using. i think its ss auto chrome or xs power i forget.

dont get an intake right now you dont need it, get the invidia o2 housing, exhaust, and a tune. you'll be more then happy with that
Sorry to bother, but i was looking through the post, and i searched a couple they were mentioning but none seemed to pop up on ebay, and some of the links are outdated..
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:59 PM

and also what would be better a Catback or a turboback, everything on my car is still stock.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have to worry about emissions down there in California?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

The problem I find is that the muffler in Ebay catbacks are made lower quality muffler material and tend to fail and change the sound and pitch

Buy it if you'd like but I'm buying a Tomei Ti for 960 shipped it is 10.6 pounds and full titanium

I also have a HKS Intake For sale If you need one, I'm changing over to a ARC box
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the one I was referred to was the "first racing". Tbh they're pretty much all the same. A steel pipe is a steel pipe is a steel pipe. Kinda hard to mess something like that up. Whatever one you go with, make sure it's specifically made for the 9. An 8 exhaust won't fit a 9. And pick a seller with good feedback.

eBay exhaust is perfectly fine.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by R. Burgundy
I think the one I was referred to was the "first racing". Tbh they're pretty much all the same. A steel pipe is a steel pipe is a steel pipe. Kinda hard to mess something like that up. Whatever one you go with, make sure it's specifically made for the 9. An 8 exhaust won't fit a 9. And pick a seller with good feedback.

eBay exhaust is perfectly fine.
Okaaay.. I just though they might be different in tone?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:08 PM

I'm lOoking on eBay, for the ones your all naming out. But no results are coming up, so of you can post the link on eBay, I would greatly appreciate it..
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perrin intake +1
Old Jun 11, 2012, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ktorres0327
I'm lOoking on eBay, for the ones your all naming out. But no results are coming up, so of you can post the link on eBay, I would greatly appreciate it..
buy the one with the most positive feedback, and buy a magnaflow 3" muffler to go with it that way you will have a nice deep sound without any rasp.

the reason why people dont know the name is that there isnt really one, a bunch of people buy the same chinese exhaust and sell it under different names.

if you dont have to worry about emissions then get the turbo back, if you have to worry about them then get a 3" catback and call it a day.

Quick Reply: Help With Exhaust/Intake!! (Newbie)