Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

need a legit place for parts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a legit place for parts

I have an 06 evo 9 mr starting to tune my evo but im having a hard time finding a legit place to buy. i'm working on it A-Z . any one have any suggestions?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 02:25 AM
Evolving Member

You mean shops to buy parts from?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:03 AM

Lancer shop is a good place to buy or eBay.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I've never purchased from Lancer shop but I have heard mixed reviews from them. There are a lot of great vendors that I've worked with on here who I support. Just a few names in no particular order, MAP, STM, VR-Speed, Buschur Racing, AMS, English Racing. All of those companies carry a wide range of products.

If there are specialty products that you are looking for then Im sure we can give you a more specialized recommendation. For example if I were purchasing a drivetrain component ( diff transmission, transfer case) I would send you over to Jon@TRE. If its something suspension related, talk to GtWorx etc. etc.

Last edited by heel2toe; Apr 16, 2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have spent thousands at lancershop and tens of thousands at modern auto performance... They both have great customer service and amazing tech staffs...

Also aaron at english racing is full of advice and has a decent selection of parts...

If you call any of their shops the reps are willing to work on pricing most the time. Of course some companies are like apple and if you get caught selling under msrp they stop letting you sell...
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:04 AM

edgeautosport.com

great guys there i know them personally!

if what your looking for isnt there.. email them and they might have it just not listed
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by heel2toe
I've never purchased from Lancer shop but I have heard mixed reviews from them. There are a lot of great vendors that I've worked with on here who I support. Just a few names in no particular order, MAP, STM, VR-Speed, Buschur Racing, AMS, English Racing. All of those companies carry a wide range of products.

If there are specialty products that you are looking for then Im sure we can give you a more specialized recommendation. For example if I were purchasing a drivetrain component ( diff transmission, transfer case) I would send you over to Jon@TRE. If its something suspension related, talk to GtWorx etc. etc.
As this member mentioned above all of those places are good, STM is awesome when it comes down to OEM parts. Aftermarket wise the above venders and Lancershop is decent. Negative side with them is their shipping prices, STM takes forever to ship items but their prices are fairly good.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:42 AM

Buschur, STM, Lancershop, and did i mention Buschur?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:56 AM

Smile

Defined Performance will help you out too!!

definedusa.com if it's not on their site just call them.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:28 AM

I happen to like Vivid Racing -I use the same guy each time and have never had an issue. I bought my wheels from them and my rep kept me updated the entire time, let me know if anything was going on, etc etc. I don't have one bad thing to say about them. I've only had my car for a couple months so I haven't been on the search for many parts, but I would highly recommend them.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by joseph143
I have spent thousands at lancershop and tens of thousands at modern auto performance... They both have great customer service and amazing tech staffs...
I order parts from lancer shop and I've had no issues at all. They ship from multiple locations so that might be because of mixed reviews, but you get tracking with all orders and reliable service IMO.

I recently completed my first order with MAP and their service is outstanding. I ordered in the afternoon last friday and and have recieved updates regarding my order yesterday morning. my arrival date for the parts is tomorrow 17 APR. So again IMO, great place as well.