Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Vivid Racing Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Vivid Racing Review

In Dec 08 I purchased my Lancer Evo X. I have loved this car since I saw it many years ago prior to its release here in America. I remember when the EVO was released here. All the tuning mags read " WRX killer?

I did some research and came up with the parts that I wanted to buy for my CZ4A. Then I looked for a good place to purchase my parts. I found Vivid Racing.

The website was easy to navigate and the parts available seemed endless! So my relationship with Vivid Racing began, a relationship that evolved from parts supplier to friendship!

Here is a list of parts that I have purchased over the past year.

Agency Power: short ram intake pipe with K&N filter, UICP, Turbo suction pipe, billet adj. BOV,and Billet crank pulley.
Blitz: turbo timer
COBB Tuning: Acessport Tuner
Greddy USA: Ti-C exhaust, 80mm down pipe, Profec-B boost controller, and oil catch can.
Mishimoto: Aluminum Radiator
Perrin: stealth FMIC
Samco Sport: silicon IC hoses & coolant hoses [red]
Vivid Racing: Custom maps with E tune by Mitch M.

I still have some things that I want to add but unfortunatly I am limited my the Tc-sst trans. in my MR. I will eventually upgrade the trans but that takes alot of work and $$. So far I have done all of the work myself. That is a big deal for me because I have only one arm due to a bad crash in OCT08.

Working with the team at Vivid Racing has been awesome!!! I know I was a PITA with all of my questions, but every question I had was met with enthusiasm and encouragement!! Mitch M. & Jon G. were always there to help me get the parts or info that I needed. Often my questions were answered the same day!!

My experience with the Etune was great fun too. I ran into some Limp-mode problems but Mitch was awesome and he figured it out and the car runs super!! The etune takes time and effort on both parties, but for that reason you end up with a better state of tune over a day on the Dyno.

So a big Thumbs up to the Vivid Racing team!!!!! With out you guys I would not have been able to get my X where it is!! I lok forward to future upgrades and I won't go any where else to get my parts! Thanks a Million Mitch, Jon, & Chico for all of your encouragement and support!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this review!

Happy tuning!!
Greg S.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks to hear about your arm,sorry. It is very awesome you did all that with one arm.

I have purchased a few parts form vivd and had good experience too.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Greg. Glad we can help you out, you do some very clean installs. And Mitch does kick *** at tuning, lucky to have him on the team.

Regards
Jon Aka Chico.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

+1, Vivid Racing has been great to work with.

My wife and I just ordered a Chargespeed Type II body kit, Chargespeed 20mm front fenders, Chargespeed OEM Carbon Fiber hood, and trunk. They are currently finding a few hard to find JDM parts for us now.

Big Thumbs UP for Vivid!!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

The only thing good about Vivid Racing is Mitch