Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New From South Tx

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New From South Tx

whats goin on guys. i been a lurker on here for like 3 years now. and most recently its been an everyday thing since March when i got a new EVO X

didnt make an account Beeecuuuuzzz.... almost all the info and research i ever need or look for is already free to browse on the site. so there was no need

i guess i just decided to chime in and just say hi.

a little bit about myself. i Drive a 2010 X SE i just got in Dallas. im in Laredo tx. 2 hrs south of san an 2 hours north of the valley. and 2 hours west of Corpus. so im looking forward to meeting a few south tx peeps. theres about 5 evo x in laredo. i beeing one of them and a friend of mine another. the rest of the guys are hard to look for to talk a bit and see if we can get a evo club or sumthn goin. so the next best thing is out of town Meets.

two modest mods on the car are the COBB SF intake and inlet tube both. plus i put my old PF01 wheels on the car due to sale of the STockies. i had Enkei NT03+m in mind. i love that wheel, but im kinda liking the way the car looks on the Pf01. just needs a drop. also a debadge, ralliart front emblem (its for the purpose of HERITAGE for all the naysayers, i am a firm believer without Ralliart there would be no Evolution )

oh well here are pics.
stock

and how she is now

i got some mods on order and a few more things in mind by the end of summer. so i shall begin my progress and keep it updated. im looking forward to feedback and recommendations .

CHeerS
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
idk if its the scaling of the pic or what but your car looks stubby....

glad you finally joined the forum... hope you enjoy your car.... if you ever make it out here to el paso... and i have no friggin clue why you would want to... hit me up. i know nearly every evo owner in town...
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by joseph143
idk if its the scaling of the pic or what but your car looks stubby....

glad you finally joined the forum... hope you enjoy your car.... if you ever make it out here to el paso... and i have no friggin clue why you would want to... hit me up. i know nearly every evo owner in town...
she does look chubs. but i do love her curves. i like to travel alot. i wouldnt say i would exactly in this car tho. not in texas heat. if there is ever a meet, one of those big ones along the lines of TX2k at the mile then i probably would with a group. weve hit up san an and houston. atx as well. we Kinda make a mini Coffe and cars on sundays the way the DFW has theirs. and there is gonna be Cupcake Meet in Corpus Aug 10th.

so i am down to go up whenever the situation would call for it. is there a track up there? straight or twisty?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The SE came standard with the spoiler correct? Did you switch out the trunk or did it come that way? Very nice either way.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
The SE came standard with the spoiler correct? Did you switch out the trunk or did it come that way? Very nice either way.

no the SE has no spoiler. alot of people thinks its like a GSR with the only diff being the tranny. but id go so far thats its much more close to the MR.

i mean i have the Xenon lights and the Multicommunications/DVD system. but i dont have the RF sound system, nor the sunroof, NOR any SOUNDPROOFING material for that matter (alot of rattling). so its not the full SSS package. moreso the SIGHT commodities came standard on it (like the MR versions) minus the moonroof.

i have the GSR enkei wheels, but have the MR's 4 piston brembos with 2 pc rotors, bilstein shocks and eibach springs.

and from what i understand is it also has the MR rear diffuser (is it any different?) and has the MR touring trunk spoiler. not the GSR wing.
and last but not least is the SST tranny the MR so famously (or infamously depending on which side of the fence ur on ) sports

although i have read that other SE models did not come with the DVD display, while some had moon roofs. and someone else's actually had Carbon Fiber interior molding and door moldings.

seems like it was a concotion of options . ... and thank you for the compliment
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:43 PM

another odd option pertaining to Kendoggs question

my friend has an 08 w/SSS package. yet he doesnt have HEATED recaros

and mine does. and i was reading somewhere the Leather recaros have bum heaters... but mine are not leather!! and the heaters on both drive an passenger. so im going to assume thats another MR option the GSR lacks that my car has. ..
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wolfwood5
another odd option pertaining to Kendoggs question

my friend has an 08 w/SSS package. yet he doesnt have HEATED recaros

and mine does. and i was reading somewhere the Leather recaros have bum heaters... but mine are not leather!! and the heaters on both drive an passenger. so im going to assume thats another MR option the GSR lacks that my car has. ..
Around 2010 or 2011 they dropped the SSS option for the GSR's and it became the SS and the SL. The SS being the sight and sound and the SL being the sun and leather. The SL also came with the heated seats while the cloth (lack of SL) does not. Also the SL comes with the additional sound dampening but does not have the MR suspension. Also all GSR's started coming with the high spoiler standard. Which is good because IMO that small spoiler was ugly.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! We can meet up someday with all the evos here in the valley. Maybe at the cupcake meet in corpus??
Old Jul 3, 2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by fabcas311
Nice! We can meet up someday with all the evos here in the valley. Maybe at the cupcake meet in corpus??
this man...i like.. thatd be sick. i head down to the valley fairly often, it be nice if i could help with the guys here in laredo and maybe go to one of your meets as well

i know sum valley people (teamDojo? or the guys with the japanese Sun... i forgot) would come up to laredo for our meets. so hopefully we can kick off some stuff

a few weeks ago we had the OUTSIDERS car show. it was really good, except for lack of imports. hopefully that can change in the future
Old Jul 3, 2013, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wolfwood5
this man...i like.. thatd be sick. i head down to the valley fairly often, it be nice if i could help with the guys here in laredo and maybe go to one of your meets as well

i know sum valley people (teamDojo? or the guys with the japanese Sun... i forgot) would come up to laredo for our meets. so hopefully we can kick off some stuff

a few weeks ago we had the OUTSIDERS car show. it was really good, except for lack of imports. hopefully that can change in the future
Search in fb rgv4cyl/rgv6cyl and post some pics of your ride there!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:39 PM

Did you switch out the trunk or did it come that way? Very nice either way.

Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by metazcq
Did you switch out the trunk or did it come that way? Very nice either way.

no.. someone else asked that too.

POST #5 has the answer.

the 2010 SE model does not have a WING. or at least my model does not. although mitsu only made 340 SE models the options varied on them. :/ as stated before i have heated CLOTH seats when in 2010 only the leathers had heated seats, to my understanding.

and thanks it is a nice car.

driving alongside with my friends 08 GSR...
my car looks a hell of alot meaner and leaner and nobody wants to mess with me, while his has the RC toy racecar thing going on cuz of the Long antenna and spoiler.... so he gets more fly bys than i do.

and i prefer it that way a modest beast she is
Old Jul 4, 2013, 09:23 AM

Welcome
Old Oct 8, 2013, 08:26 AM

Updates!

UPDATES*** LOTS OF THEM.
well i had left off on the wheels and tires.and the shift knob

ive had alot of stuff go on the car recently

I put the ETS TEST PIPE and got rid of the CAT

its a 15 lb difference. the cat is about 25-30 lbs and the test pipe weighs 5 lbs. i dont have the pic uploaded but i will soon. more free flowing and NO CELS. amazing product from ETS. a breeze to install and great great product.

i ordered my AEM wideband and GLowshift BOOST gauge. got those puppies on to monitor my AFRS with the new test pipe and boost readings making sure it doesnt leak . installed them on the left hand side. NOT the pillar but below it for easy reading. it is temp until i get a covey pod and pillar pod for the other gauges

got my custom LIcense plate in makes the car have a baller look. *RED: "THUG LIFE"*

got my MAP rev 2 INTake .. JUST the intake. and painted it FORDS candy BLue Tricoat.. i ordered the AFE Filter. had it custom made for this intake with the PRO DRY S material

have not installed it yet cuz i need a tune with it but sometime this month its gonna stop loungin on my floor and start working on letting my turbo breath more.

also got the STrut bar painted and had the JNZ tuning alum spark plug cover ordered. put those on. the engine bay is coming out nicely. once the project is done it will look sweet
Old Oct 8, 2013, 08:34 AM

Moar!

and MORE UPDATES

also ordered GIRODISK MAGIC Street Brake pads along with ROTOR PRo plus Drilled and Slotted Rotors. and had those instaleld YESTERDAY.. amazing stopping power and NO brake noise !!!! FINALLY. ive had that crap all these months

the difference in weight between the rotor pro and oem 2 piece front rotor is 3 lbs.
the one piece rotor being heavier. but not too much.
OEM

RotorPRO

i ordered these cuz they look great and are centric blanks so its a great quality. and also got the FRONT pair for 285 from MAPerfromace ) great service from them..

i found the culprit to my INTENSE BRAKE SQUEALING..
Oreilly SElect pads :/

and once i cleaned out the Bilsteins and SPrings this is the final image of the night

Quick Reply: New From South Tx