Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New from Chicagoland area (pics)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from Chicagoland area (pics)

Hey everyone, new from Chicago... new to the site...new to Evo's. Sold my mustang and bought a 04 GSR and I must say so far im happy with this toy. Its in **** poor condition since the last owner decided it MUST have 162 strobe lights and light bars and underglow so he can be cool and pick up hot chicks?...not. Anyway as I tear her down she will be getting a make over and bring her back to life. Evos are beautiful cars and have tons of potential so figured id try this out. Evo came with a bunch of ebay parts so if forum lets me ill start a build thread. so far I been in touch with Nick at BuschurRacing and he has set me up with a set of cams,clutch and fp black turbo with their intercooler and piping. I don't have much pics with me cause im at work but ill upload more later on. Hope I can learn much and help others while Im here! .. Enjoy some pics

Here are the toys I had and traded/sold until I bought the EVO:

And now the EVO

Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice Neon. I am not an American Auto maker fan nor a Mustang fan but still I liked the neon. Any specs on it?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by JukEboXAuDiO
Nice Neon. I am not an American Auto maker fan nor a Mustang fan but still I liked the neon. Any specs on it?

SRT4 had a persc. big turbo 5858 ball bearing, lotta fuel and a built head/block by DC Racing. Pulled 510 fwhp and ran 11.2 in the 1/4 mile on M&H tires. 60ft was garbage . Wouldn't hook for the life of it. Fun little car and quick but couldn't deal with the traction issues anymore. Sold it and now its somewhere in Pennsylvania :/ I do miss it at times though.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the dark side my friend. Glad to see you are local! Do you have specific plans for the car or will it be a daily driver?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JawJacked
SRT4 had a persc. big turbo 5858 ball bearing, lotta fuel and a built head/block by DC Racing. Pulled 510 fwhp and ran 11.2 in the 1/4 mile on M&H tires. 60ft was garbage . Wouldn't hook for the life of it. Fun little car and quick but couldn't deal with the traction issues anymore. Sold it and now its somewhere in Pennsylvania :/ I do miss it at times though.
Sweet dude! 510 fwhp? What did it start at?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:16 AM

MuslimEvoFreak: Its not really a daily but id like to drive it as much as I can. Don't have any "plans" just bought it..drove it a week and torn it down cause I wasn't happy with the previous owners mods.. he didn't care about it and it barely ran when I picked it up.. want to build a 600-700 combo but like I said.. never built one so that's why im here any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by JukEboXAuDiO
Sweet dude! 510 fwhp? What did it start at?

It was a stage 0 stock put down 240, then bought a stage 3 kit and it put down 380 and said screw it took it back down and went built motor/big turbo combo. Neons are hated by a lot but when your whooping on vettes, Camaros, cobras ect you earn a lot of respect.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JawJacked
It was a stage 0 stock put down 240, then bought a stage 3 kit and it put down 380 and said screw it took it back down and went built motor/big turbo combo. Neons are hated by a lot but when your whooping on vettes, Camaros, cobras ect you earn a lot of respect.
That's pretty sick. I have had friends with neons and they were pretty much beaters. Nice to see someone doing the Neon some respect.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The 2.4SRT motors are sweet.... too bad the power is sent to the wrong pair of wheels. Good job on buying an Evo though, as they seem to put down the power a bit better.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dcdirtrider
The 2.4SRT motors are sweet.... too bad the power is sent to the wrong pair of wheels. Good job on buying an Evo though, as they seem to put down the power a bit better.
Nice cars!! I have 2 SRT4's. One is my daily and I am the original owner of my 03 which is a fully built... 47lb S3R.
I like my Evo alot too!!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:55 AM

Thanks guys! Cobra was the fastest car ive ever owned...BUT this Evo project has me excited. I been in contact with BuschurRacing and they set me up with some nice stuff just waiting on my FP Black to get here seems like its been forever. Need some other things hopfully ill find through here or online :thumbsup: