Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Good site = good customer service

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good site = good customer service

Bought my '03 Evo about a month ago, and wanted to relate a story about how this site made a difference in the dealer service I got.

After I got the car, I started checking this site a little more regularly. One of the polls had to do with paint chips behind the rear doors (which I had too). Brought the car in for service on another warranty item--the wastegate solenoid went bad at 6k--and I brought up these chips. Immediately, the service manager started talking about how the real problem was that I needed mudflaps. Wrong, I told him, the problem was related to a misaligned door striker--something I only knew from checking this site. Right then, his attitude changed, and he agreed to realign the door striker and fill the paint where it had chipped. (Plus, he threw in a free hand washing of the car to boot!) I thought that was pretty good service, particularly since I didn't buy the car from them. I think having a little background from these forums helped me a lot.

Thought it was worth dropping a line to let those new owners know that there truly is strength in numbers...if you're having a problem, someone else here is likely having it too. Bring it up to your dealer.
Old May 18, 2004, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

I agree. This site has help me alot. I've learned alot about Evo's and how to do some installations and etc. The only problem is some of the people tend to over flame, besides that THANKS!!! to the creators of the site and all its supporting members.

Ta
Old May 18, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

education is always the key....the more you know, the harder the dealer try to give you stupid excuse/ story.

In your example...i bet the service manager knew about the problem, if you're not an educated customer.....he already sold you a set of mudflap
Old May 18, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
I agree. This site has help me alot. I've learned alot about Evo's and how to do some installations and etc. The only problem is some of the people tend to over flame, besides that THANKS!!! to the creators of the site and all its supporting members.

Ta
i have found this to be true for most automotive boards. lots of good help, but people always feel the need to flame.
Old May 19, 2004, 05:17 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Knowledge is power. Dealers are used to unknowing people, and having the upper hand. Glad you got your paint chips fixed