Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Police Officer buying Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Police Officer buying Evo

Hey what's up to the current members of the forum! I'm a police officer who lives in Maryland and I've ordered the Evo MR edition. So while doing a search, I found this forum. I must say to the moderators and creator of this site, it's very well done. I've found out so much about my car and modifications for my car, even though I haven't actually got my car yet!

As a police officer, if you ever have any questions with fines, or tickets or those famous ones that us police officer gives you " work repair order for your tint, spoiler" etc... I'll try and help you out with these issues.

Look forward to getting my car and being apart of this forum...

Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

nice to have ya aboard Evo Police!!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Ok well i dont know if you have seen any of the threads on it yet. but people are getting ticketed for the stock wing (calling it an obstruction of view for the driver)... this should easily be thrown out of court should it not?

Welcome to the forum and you will love your car..
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

"Ok well i dont know if you have seen any of the threads on it yet. but people are getting ticketed for the stock wing (calling it an obstruction of view for the driver)... this should easily be thrown out of court should it not?"

Yes this should be thrown out. Here's what you have to do. Fight the ticket, get a court date and then either bring in the sales sticker with the installed options, or go to your dealer and get a signed statement from the General Manager thats states that the listed options (Spoiler) is an item that passed the US requirements on this vehicle. Basically what it boils down to is that the spoiler was aloud, or the US wouldn't have let this option come to the states.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the MR. It would be nice to have an officers point of view and 'advice' so to speak on some of the legal issues that we tend to face. I was pulled over twice because of my muffler. One officer said it was too big and another said is was too loud and I was issued a work order. Of course there was nothing illegal with my car as I found out from the Automotive Safty Division. I hope you will be able to educate your collegues about MD laws & standards for modification in these types of cars. Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

yea thats what i figured these guys would have to do. It is just retarted to have to go through all of that for something that should not have been ticketed in the first place

make sure you check out the reqional forum for the maryland area there are a bunch of people that are with the eclc that meet up pretty often
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Glad to have you! There is lots of interest in the MR Edition so you'll have to give your impressions when you take delivery!

Speedlimit...
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome and enjoy the MR!!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 T
Congrats on the MR. It would be nice to have an officers point of view and 'advice' so to speak on some of the legal issues that we tend to face. I was pulled over twice because of my muffler. One officer said it was too big and another said is was too loud and I was issued a work order. Of course there was nothing illegal with my car as I found out from the Automotive Safty Division. I hope you will be able to educate your collegues about MD laws & standards for modification in these types of cars. Thanks.
You have to remember that when it comes to mufflers, it's up to the discretion of the officer if it is too loud or not. To me that is ridiculous. that is giving too much "power" to the officer on his taste of sound levels. Meaning if a Camaro passes by with a Flowmaster and he likes the sound even though the sound levels are high and an import passes by whose db levels a below the limit but don't like the sound and gives him a ticket. Ridiculous.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amazing. I always respect cops and I know how hard their job is. congrats on your future MR.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

welcome evo police... i know alot of officers out there enjoy enthusiast cars and bikes and i'm glad you found our forum. kk does do an excellent job w/this site!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

So whats the best way to run from a cop? I'm sick of gettin pulled over.... lol jk welcome aboard
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:09 PM

welcome aboard did they give you an eta yet? and what color?
be sure to try a GSR so you can compare it to the MR and
give us your input. Congrats!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the family. Let us know if you ever run into trouble for things like "illegal wings" and "illegal exhaust". That'll be the day. Come out to the VA-MD Evo meets and show us your badge!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

welcome, i have some questions for you but ill ask them later after i cool off some

have a blast with the MR

Quick Reply: Police Officer buying Evo