Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Best pads?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best pads?

Hi all,

Im looking at options for best brake pad upgrades for the stock IX Brembo setup. Looking for excellent stopping power, low disk wear, and probably the most important to me (sadly), low brake dust.

Im assuming the Hawk pads are good as well as Stoptechs so Ive been looking at those. Not sure everyones take on Endless and other brands. Not sure which models to specifically look at though. Honestly Im pretty happy with the stock feel, but wouldnt mind some more stopping power and a touchier brake pedal feel. My planned upgrades for the brakes are pads, Stoptech lines, and extended studs/lugs (if you wanna count those). Thats about all I really have planned. The car will be a DD with an occasional track/drag weekend in the summer. Trying to get a really balanced 450-500whp street Evo all together.

Thanks for any help in advance. If there is a link or review Id be happy to look at it.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I would skip the SS lines, you won't need them for the type of driving that you do. I don't even have them, and I road race all the time. For the pads, I would look at Hawk HP+, Ferrodo 2500, or something along those lines, an agressive street pad. Unfortunately, I think all the performance pads are going to dust quite a bit.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can't have it all in when it comes to pads...

Hawks are terrible btw.

Try using using Smikes sticky... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ct-thread.html
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

How come the Hawks are terrible? I see quite alot of people using them in alot of different apps, not just Evo's.

And I thought alot of high performance pads dust less than stockers. I guess I was wrong on that. Kinda sucks having white wheels with a dusty pad (no pun intended).
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hawks are terrible !
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't know why the suck for Evo's they just do. No bite and they glaze relatively easy.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.satisfiedbrakes.com/motorsports/index.html

I use the Gran Sport GS6; still on the same set of pads since 2007 and the same rotors that came on the car. They are carbon-ceramic pads.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

hey Derek, I would ask one of the mods to move your thread before they get ticked and ban you for posting this in the advanced thread area...BTW I have been asking some of the same questions. I read all of Smikes thread (you will see some of my posts at the end). I also posted in the regional area. PM me your email if you want me to send you this Excel that I have going of the different options for pads for street/light track (read autoX and short session/low speed tracks). I am collecting mu and temp values...
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

I would be happy to! Thank you very much, PM'n you (and a mod) now!

Mods, can you please move topic? I appologize for not looking more carefully when using the drop down menu to navigate.

Last edited by D Grade; Oct 21, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

The ones that i really like are the Axxis pads , i don't drive an Evo and not to many pads are available to me but from all the ones i have used these are by far the best !
Although they do have alot of dust !
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:31 PM

I had Axxis on my dsm and they were fantastic.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:41 AM

i just picked up some ceramic pads and they make my brakes squeel a lot now
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Try PFC Z compounds. If you break them in properly they will be very quiet, low dust, low disc wear, long life, etc. Best street pad IMO. Just don't push them like crazy on the track cause they will overheat.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deeman101
Try PFC Z compounds. If you break them in properly they will be very quiet, low dust, low disc wear, long life, etc. Best street pad IMO. Just don't push them like crazy on the track cause they will overheat.
I will definitly look into these. What is the proper break-in proceedure for pads? Easy breaking for x amount of miles?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

I have hawk hps pads, no complaints. No squeeks, sometimes if I brake hard but rarely. No problems with brake dust. I'm also using powerslot rotors

Quick Reply: Best pads?