Notices

WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HB Speed
Nicest X I've seen yet Exactly how I'd do it right.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Alright who has a doluck trunk in stock? PM me please.. I really would prefer a fiberglass version because I will be painting it. but can't seem to find anyone with it in stock.. So PM me a price on either carbon or fiberglass shipped to 62401. Without a keyhole only. Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2010, 02:15 PM

Finally, got some pics taken of the CF version installed on my GG Evo X. Hunter and the rest of the crew at BPAuto were great to work with!
Attached Thumbnails WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid-img_0119.jpg   WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid-img_0126.jpg  
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

very nice photo's cant wait til i get one
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

if i get the trunk without the keyhole, is it a big deal to drill the hole? seems simple to me, but maybe theres something else going on.

Originally Posted by DK01
Finally, got some pics taken of the CF version installed on my GG Evo X. Hunter and the rest of the crew at BPAuto were great to work with!
how long did it take to get a quote with shipping?

Last edited by John83; Feb 5, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by John83
if i get the trunk without the keyhole, is it a big deal to drill the hole? seems simple to me, but maybe theres something else going on.

how long did it take to get a quote with shipping?
I got mine without the keyhole, but I don't think it will be a big deal either.

I picked up my trunk from the warehouse.. but call BPAuto and they can give you a quote. Great people to work with.

Last edited by DK01; Feb 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Price on both FRP and CF versions with keyhole picked up. Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Yes r the fiberglass version even on order? I want a trunk not sure if I wanna wait months to get tho.can anyone verify this
Old Feb 14, 2010, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

Nevermind just put a deposit down on fiberglass trunk w/o keyhole. Can't wait for it to arrive
Old Feb 14, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
do you have the FAST key? i personally just relocated the button just to the right of the license plate lights. took some cutting and splicing and soldering, but well worth it. came out pretty clean, imo. i'll try an get a pic up later or tomorrow.

either way, that being said, even if you dont have the FAST key and trunk release button, the drilling process should still be the same and relatively simple. just a small pilot hole with like 7/32 drill bit and then a 1" hole saw or wood-boring bit for the main hole. then a couple notches with a file so the rest can fit through and you're golden. the material is relatively soft and shouldnt put up a huge fight against your drilling
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

OEM wing and mounting on this trunk

Just concerned about mounting the OEM wing on this trunk. are there any supports or embedded reinforcement for mounts in this wing when using the OEM wing? Concern is of cracking of FRP or the carbon because we use the wing to open the trunk once it's been unlatched ("popped").
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish i had a do luck trunk for my iX. How much is it?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Well it looks like I'm gonna purchase the FRP sooner than I thought (got my tax return w00t!). now i'm in the process of quotes...

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
do you have the FAST key? i personally just relocated the button just to the right of the license plate lights. took some cutting and splicing and soldering, but well worth it. came out pretty clean, imo. i'll try an get a pic up later or tomorrow.

either way, that being said, even if you dont have the FAST key and trunk release button, the drilling process should still be the same and relatively simple. just a small pilot hole with like 7/32 drill bit and then a 1" hole saw or wood-boring bit for the main hole. then a couple notches with a file so the rest can fit through and you're golden. the material is relatively soft and shouldnt put up a huge fight against your drilling
Yes, I do have the fast key and the vendor i'm talking with does not have the FRP with the keyhole.

i've talked to a couple shops and i dont know what to think. the first shop specializes in high end european cars like bmw, mercedes, porche but they also do regular maintenance for all makes and models. they're down the street from my friends business and they've done a few small jobs on his ms3. i was quoted only $300 to be painted and fitted. i forgot to tell them about the button but i wasn't thinking that was a big deal.

the second shop is a collision repair shop down the street from my house. the estimator had 4.1 hrs to drill a hole and bolt onto my car, wtf? he was telling me the location of the button is significant for the functionality of the locking mechanism. then he says they'll need to color blend which involves removing the diffuser, and blending far into the other panels - i said i needed a quote without that so they have "add'l time needed to avoid blending q-panels". their price, $705.

what do you guys think? i've never dealt with body mods. is color blending really necessary? is the button location that important? i'll be getting more quotes but i'm leaning towards the high-end shop.

Last edited by John83; Feb 15, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:31 PM

looks great
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Well it looks like I'm gonna purchase the FRP sooner than I thought (got my tax return w00t!). now i'm in the process of quotes...

Yes, I do have the fast key and the vendor i'm talking with does not have the FRP with the keyhole.

i've talked to a couple shops and i dont know what to think. the first shop specializes in high end european cars like bmw, mercedes, porche but they also do regular maintenance for all makes and models. they're down the street from my friends business and they've done a few small jobs on his ms3. i was quoted only $300 to be painted and fitted. i forgot to tell them about the button but i wasn't thinking that was a big deal.

the second shop is a collision repair shop down the street from my house. the estimator had 4.1 hrs to drill a hole and bolt onto my car, wtf? he was telling me the location of the button is significant for the functionality of the locking mechanism. then he says they'll need to color blend which involves removing the diffuser, and blending far into the other panels - i said i needed a quote without that so they have "add'l time needed to avoid blending q-panels". their price, $705.

what do you guys think? i've never dealt with body mods. is color blending really necessary? is the button location that important? i'll be getting more quotes but i'm leaning towards the high-end shop.

i got a quote for 300 to get the trunk painted, i wouldnt pay no more than that. i got a quote of like 700 from a shop just to paint n put it on. i guess they figured cuz im a girl i dont know what im talking about(whick i know my car inside and out) but seriously dont pay no more than 300.

Quick Reply: WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid