Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does make the current one look outdated!!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 02:49 AM
Evolving Member

The X looks like a TSX mixed with a Legacy GT with an Audi front end. The more I see it the worse it looks. Maybe in person it'll look better.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

the evo 10 is much much more beautifulllllllllll
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

Love it dosn't even need to grow on me
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

/\/\/\/\/\/\ Agreed, it doesn't need to grow, i would prefer and only purchase with the enthusiast manual trans though. I (as we all would) love to know pricing...
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

I don't understand why people keep saying it looks like this car or that car? Seriously pretty much any car design looks similiar to something, or Mitsubishi could have designed something totally new and totally fresh and you know what, people would still b*tch! I think the X looks awesome, I wasn't a huge fan of the concept but, I do like the changes they have made for the prototype, which is 95% of what the actual production version will look like. Also despite some complaints, this car has garnered a hell of a lot of attention, and I think the EVO X will sell very well. I am proud of Mitsubishi, they have been doing a great job thus far with the EVO line up. In 2003 EVO VIIIs were selling at brisk pace, 2004 and 2005 the sales started to slow, and in 2006 with the EVO IX the sales shot back up, in some months the EVO IX out sold the 2004 and 2005 EVO VIIIs combined. Now with the 2008 EVO X the sales will continue to climb, whether we like it or not. I also like the design changes that Mitsubishi has in mind, and I wouldn't be surprised if the RalliArt Eclipse Concept we saw a while ago, is the actual new look for the next generation Eclipse. I doubt it will have a turbo though, but who knows.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:03 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the interior of the IX looks a lot better than the X. other than that, the X exterior is a fresh design and actually looks good. I'll keep my IX and buy the X with DSG
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

I like it, wonder what the Rs version will be like
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that the look of the X is simply Ok.
Looking at the pictures the new body shows me a more civilized car than an agressive car. It is more street than rally.
I do not care about the interior, I just need a fast steering wheel drive and racing seats.
Mitsubishi has to make it lighter and more powerful, just it.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

being an audio nut i am a little concerned about the in dash system, which although probably good can never compete with after market sound system. otherwise, interior and exterior is distinctly styled whether you like it or not.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:06 PM

Just my thought again

Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ I love the Mazdaspeed 6. If it had the performace the EVO has I would have one of those instead.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:39 PM

I was just saying the X resembles the MS6. Not that the 6 Is better. I LOVE THE EVO. Only mazda worht anything IMO is RX7
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

they dont look the same (mazda6 v evo).

on top of this, no design is utterly original. elements are always borrowed from where the current trend is. when it becomes completely original, it becomes art. only a select few exotics ever reach this level...
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:51 PM

First post! nice site for Evo fans.

I'm liking the new Evo X so far! At first i had a hard time liking it because i was more set on the Concept X design. The Concept X to me had nicer lines and flows smoothly. The Prototype however have more bulges especially on the wheel arcs. also the hood cut-off, more like an extra line on the hood near the top of the front grill. The concept has it's hood all the way to the front grill. Also the looking at the lines on the side panels, in the concept the door handles line up to it, the Prototype had the lines under the door handles. Overall it looks like a combination of the Skyline GT-R with VW GTI inverted front grill. The rear end however i expect would grow on me. so far it's looking good. Was thinking of getting the IX but i would wait and save for the X!

Quick Reply: EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread