Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm amazed at how well it all came out. I hated the concept but this actually looks impressive. They softened all the rough edges out and redid the lighting front and rear. Hopefully by the time it is released I could afford it..... while keeping my IX! oh wait what about an MR option to follow 2 years after!? GASP!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

The Evo X looks like a super mazdaspeed 7 ...
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by tYPE-r
The Evo X looks like a super mazdaspeed 7 ...
And what does a "super mazdaspeed 7" look like? Post a picture please.

Oh that's right it does not exist, Thanks for the useless post.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JCA1976
And what does a "super mazdaspeed 7" look like? Post a picture please.

Oh that's right it does not exist, Thanks for the useless post.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

I really like the X but the interior is kinda lame, the HUGE diamond in the steering wheel is ugly adn it looks like theres no way really to upgrade the headunit since its not a regular 1 or 2 din space and that paddle shifting buiness has gotta go lol. other than that i like it. But i tihnk ill be sticking with my IX MR!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

very similar but vastly improved. the x is growing moe and more on me. here comes the dd
Old Jan 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Here's some info from here on the navi: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...bishi_evo.html
Quote from the article.
"Inside, the new cabin will be a huge improvement. Higher-quality materials will feature, and there will be more cutting-edge kit, too. A dash-mounted satellite navigation screen will also display real-time information on the status of the S-AWC system."
Also
"Based on the all-new Lancer, the Evo X is 1.5cm shorter than its predecessor, but also 5.8cm wider and 2.5cm taller. The wheelbase, meanwhile, has gained 3.5cm. Although these changes will allow more leg and headroom inside, overall they translate into additional weight, too, with the Evo putting on around 32kg."
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So they are saying 70 whole pounds? That's it?

Oh noes! 70 pounds, Dey kilt teh Evo!!!!!11111
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:59 PM

Which model are you gonna get if anyone gets one...the one with the 5-speed tranny or ther CVT one? Has anyone driven any current car with the CVT tranny? I am curious because I don't know how to drive a manual so would the CVT be a better pick if I get an X?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:20 PM

wish they kept the center tach
Old Jan 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, I am sort of surprised at the very cold reception the EVO X is getting on this website. Honestly though I should have expected this, and most of the negative feedback is coming from EVO IX owners. I love my IX and have no plans of trading it in for a EVO X, but I do see improvements as far as styling and I am having a hard time understanding why others can't see it. Oh well this should be expected when a car breaks the mold from what people are use to. This reminds me of the C5 Vette and C6 Vette. C5 owners were having a field day, comments like it looks to soft, looks to European, doesn't look muscle enough, what happend to the pop up lights (What happend to the pop up lights, WTF? Ok pop up lights were like dead in the 90s, Chevrolet just missed the memo). Seriously the C6 in my opinion was a nice leap forward for the Corvette lineup, and next thing you know the C6 Vette has been and remains one of the best selling cars in it's market and many C5 owners have made the jump to the C6. Seriously I expect the same thing to happend with the EVO X.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Its the same with fans of any particular model/brand. Just look at BMW owners whether 5 or 3 series when the most recent redesigns were done. Huge outcry. Most people don't like change.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:33 AM
FLK
Evolved Member

^Don't forget denial. Most people can't stand for something they paid big bucks for to be outdated in such a short time.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

folks just need to lighten up a little, the pre X EVO's were one of a kind. raw performance in a base model chassis. the X is a contemporary design style, there will be many crossing over in a couple of years for sure.

3000ways, im with you, dont know why there is so much negativity over the looks, there are many many worse looking cars...
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

The front end MOUTH looks like it will suck up air, like a whale sucks up plankton. The previous models look more aerodynamic / sleek. The rear end looks good, and so do the new rims. Don't care for the new interior that much. Looks like they finally added cruise control, buttons appear to be on the right side of the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread