Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Dodge Evo X Released

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nongan
BMW EVO V just released.
This actually has the letters "EVO" in the name, not like the OTHER EVO in this thread.
http://www.autoblog.it/post/10026/bm...sembrano-pochi
I heard EVO X will share the same engine with it!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jackygor
I heard EVO X will share the same engine with it!
They share some roundish things, moving up and down, in and out, PG-13, R rated, zylinders, whatever
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
im gonna try to sound as straight as possible right now, i do have a gf of 2 years.... and no im not talking about that piece of rabbit fur i jerk off with at night ( if you've seen grandma's boy youd laugh)

this just made my day, i f***'in love you!

seriously.... lol

I'm glad you caught that as well..
Old Sep 7, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Ouch, just read it will share the same platform as the current Jeep Compass and the next gen PT Cruiser as well. The next gen Evo is dead to me. Long live the pre-X evo.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 08:03 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

If I was a shareholder I'd be seriously upset with the car makers today. What's wrong with them? They could just create one platform and build one engine and share it amongst each other. Imagine the cost savings on RnD and profits that would bring!!! And then send to China for manufacturing!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaIlladelphEvo
Well, the 285hp number you see being quoted is from Japan... and Mitsu is obviously respecting the gentleman's agreement down there thus not seeing the 300+ hp number that everyone else outside of Japan will see (the torque you noticed SHOULD be clear cut evidence). The similarities will stop at the Aluminum block as far as mechanics goes (won't be the first time Mitsu shared a performance oriented V4 engine with others... search around for 4G63 and you'll see more then Mitsu cars) The Getrag technology won't be the same as Mitsu's double SST (everyone seems to have their own brand of tranny technology & thus will develop their own in this regard). The SRT4 other then that will barely come close to 300hp & all of that to the front wheels, can't say it's really anything that close to the Evo X.

I take the SRT-4 which I grew to tollerate... The WRX/STI's was actually tollerable looking at one point in time so for them to look like... well... a Subaru looking like it had an orgy with a Focus, a mazda hatch & a Lexus RX & asking Maury Povich "WHO's The DADDY?!?! ONE OF DEEM BE DA DADDY!!!" is just bleeeh

I thought you were actually car savy until you typed V4 maybe you should listen to that saying "Quit while you are ahead."
Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
I thought you were actually car savy until you typed V4 maybe you should listen to that saying "Quit while you are ahead."
"Savy" with two v's (Savvy is the correct spelling) please since we are correcting everyone here. I am more than sure he meant inline-4 or probably 4 cylinder engines as a whole.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:31 PM
Account Disabled

we are all dumber from reading this thread, lets start calling out mustangs for haveing the same engine as a grand marquis or a vette for having the block of a silverado. evo designers used the same basic block, chassis, but built the X from the ground up, the list of features goes on and on, the X will be better then the 9, faster, handle better, look better and ride better (i hope all this is true)
Old Sep 7, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by strocse.com
we are all dumber from reading this thread, lets start calling out mustangs for haveing the same engine as a grand marquis or a vette for having the block of a silverado. evo designers used the same basic block, chassis, but built the X from the ground up, the list of features goes on and on, the X will be better then the 9, faster, handle better, look better and ride better (i hope all this is true)

See that's the thing I would not MIND if they used the same Block IN-HOUSE. Like Nissan with the VQ Series motor, Brilliant, but don't ***** it out to other manufacturers. Keep it in-house, although the Turbo Mini-vans were MAD kool.

I think the Evo should be a Separate entity and engineered by it's own team and manufatured on it's own, much like the Vette in Kentucky.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 04:10 PM

ya act like mitsubishi engines where never in any other manufacturers. so why complain because it shares with others. it cut cost and gave more room for R&D.
i think long as it handles and gives good power with not to many problems. The Evo will be success no matter what.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
See that's the thing I would not MIND if they used the same Block IN-HOUSE. Like Nissan with the VQ Series motor, Brilliant, but don't ***** it out to other manufacturers. Keep it in-house, although the Turbo Mini-vans were MAD kool.

I think the Evo should be a Separate entity and engineered by it's own team and manufatured on it's own, much like the Vette in Kentucky.

Then you are going to be paying Vette prices. It costs money to develop all of the tooling and everything separately, that is why they have been based on the lancer. The 4g63 was in tons of different cars, from Hyundai's to Dodge's. Why is this engine any different? The head is unique to Mitsu, they only share the block design.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoR
And then send to China for manufacturing!
then it would need a engine every other oil change
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
who call the srt4 an Evo.... that guy need medical help.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
Oops... typoooooooooo

Me made boo boo... meant to say 4 cylinder
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo M3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxWVyT4rgA

Quick Reply: Dodge Evo X Released