Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Dodge Evo X Released

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge Evo X Released

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...t4.html?al=105

So how close is the dodge caliber srt-4 to an evo x when it comes to mechanics. It carries an aluminum block world engine, supposedly the same as in the mitsu and hyundia cars. It has a mitsu turbo and cooling system. It has the getrag 6 speed, probably the same one used in the evo x. It only is running 285hp from the quoted 300 or more when the concept was unveiled.

Sound familiar, I bet the evo x might not get the original 300hp mark either. The only thing that is still making me beileve is the 311 ft/lbs of torque they keep quoting. Only time will tell.

Added note: Refering more to the evo X hatchback then the sedan in the case of comparison, which will share a lot more parts with dodge.

Last edited by readrs13; Sep 6, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by readrs13

So how close is the dodge caliber srt-4 to an evo x when it comes to mechanics. It carries an aluminum block world engine, supposedly the same as in the mitsu and hyundia cars. It has a mitsu turbo and cooling system. It has the getrag 6 speed, probably the same one used in the evo x. It only is running 285hp from the quoted 300 or more when the concept was unveiled.

Sound familiar, I bet the evo x might not get the original 300hp mark either. The only thing that is still making me beileve is the 311 ft/lbs of torque they keep quoting. Only time will tell.
i think u can easily get 320hp out of the 4b11 evo x rapes the srt no comparison
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which is better looking, the 08 wrx or caliber srt-4?
Or more like, which is worse looking? I can't decide.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think srt4 I cant belive what they did to 08 sti :-d
Old Sep 6, 2007, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by readrs13

Well, the 285hp number you see being quoted is from Japan... and Mitsu is obviously respecting the gentleman's agreement down there thus not seeing the 300+ hp number that everyone else outside of Japan will see (the torque you noticed SHOULD be clear cut evidence). The similarities will stop at the Aluminum block as far as mechanics goes (won't be the first time Mitsu shared a performance oriented V4 engine with others... search around for 4G63 and you'll see more then Mitsu cars) The Getrag technology won't be the same as Mitsu's double SST (everyone seems to have their own brand of tranny technology & thus will develop their own in this regard). The SRT4 other then that will barely come close to 300hp & all of that to the front wheels, can't say it's really anything that close to the Evo X.

Originally Posted by nongan
Which is better looking, the 08 wrx or caliber srt-4?
Or more like, which is worse looking? I can't decide.
I take the SRT-4 which I grew to tollerate... The WRX/STI's was actually tollerable looking at one point in time so for them to look like... well... a Subaru looking like it had an orgy with a Focus, a mazda hatch & a Lexus RX & asking Maury Povich "WHO's The DADDY?!?! ONE OF DEEM BE DA DADDY!!!" is just bleeeh

Last edited by DaIlladelphEvo; Sep 6, 2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Here we go again....

Do yourself a favor, and look up the Evo X brochure that was leaked. 5 Speed manual. I could go about disproving the rest, but I won't. These threads get old. Dont like the Evo X, dont buy it. Simple as that.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

I guess my point is that this car shares a lot of mitsu's quality parts but put into the shell of a dodge. Who knows how deep the sharing goes on the srt caliber, but everytime you get a homoligenization of car part sharing, you get a piece of crap (DSMs). I mean look at what the talons and lasers did to mitsu's reputation.

I am in no way bashing the X, in fact I am looking forward to it. The MitsX isn't caring much of any dodge parts, so I think its safe, its just the Caliber will probably have a heap of problems.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Here we go again....

Do yourself a favor, and look up the Evo X brochure that was leaked. 5 Speed manual. I could go about disproving the rest, but I won't. These threads get old. Dont like the Evo X, dont buy it. Simple as that.
+1,000,000

I wouldn't compare that monstrousity to the X. That crossover car was just thrown together with a few "go-fast" parts that are inferior to the Evo's highly engineered parts. Everything in the Evo should come together in harmony, also. In the Cal., all parts are fighting against each other. Can you say torque steer galore.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Sep 6, 2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

That this is all kinds of ugly. Is it AWD? I test drove a speed3, it was nice but the salesman was a douche and for 3k more I got my slightly used Evo
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the way that looks honestly. I think it would make for a cool commuter or DD. Leave the X at home for the weekends.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
Account Disabled

it has no mivec
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:15 PM

The engine is also not quite the same. The EVO is destroked to drop displacement to 2.0L, versus the Caliber's 2.4L (which will also make the EVO's engine more rev-happy and rev-safe). Transmissions are obviously not the same, and suspension setups will be tweaked quite differently. I think it's also safe to say that the Caliber will not have the EVO's steering mechanics (something EVOs have always been famous for). They're based on the same platform, but that doesn't mean a whole lot these days. It used to be that platform sharing meant that the two cars would be almost identical in every way that matters, but that's no longer true with modern engineering and manufacturing.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, i think there was a thread like this before. I still don't see anything similar between the EVO X and the Caliber SRT4.
EVO X:
- 2.0l 4B11T
- AWD
- 4 door sedan
- etc.

SRT4 Caliber:
- 2.4l
- FWD
- 5 door
- etc.

Those are just some main features that make up each car. So how does it even make any sense to post something saying "Dodge Evo X"?!? LOL
Those two cars are as similar as the Neon SRT4 and the EVO 8, IMO.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

That in no way, shape, or form is an EVO X.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:10 PM

OMG!!?? is that the new STi??

Quick Reply: Dodge Evo X Released