Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X the last?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would take diesel along with a HTA 37R, lol
Old Feb 17, 2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by AKW89
The designs are changing. The WRC is going away from its turbo car attitude. They are making regs regarding several things and making it a bit more economical like everything else on the planet. So, we will look and see what is going on with it when it happens in 2012 or 2013. But I have a feeling the Skoda and other cars like that are going to start taking over.
Last time I checked Mitsubishi isn't in WRC.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by cjbsubsea
Just got back from the UK, after a week back in the homeland, read an official article regarding Mitsubishi moving away from the EVO, and the new 2012/2013 models will now be a 300 bhp diesel engine.
300 bhp engine? that would blow away the previous evos in acceleration. Im sceptical about this news.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 08:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Don't worry I am sure they will offer a 4b11 version...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

also guys , i wouldnt worry about the rev limiter , when the diesel make s that much TQ and hp at the low end. It is all about gearing....
And mitshubishi is not new, neither lost in that department.
I would rock the diesel evo with that much factory hp . Remember diesel = no knocking = boost can be up to the sky ...
Only in the States are strange the 2 -2.5 l 4 cylinder TDI engines. In eu they are a long time ago used in racing.
Also if im right in rally the diesel engine dont need a restrictor .
I'll be a rocket with diesel engine

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 17, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Funny how some people will make snap judgments on rumors and also forget that Mitsubishi, as a whole, has done a pretty solid job with every Evo thus far.

It's not as if their engineers are working in their labs thinking "Hmm, how can we make the worst, slowest, least desirable Evo EVER?"

If this next Evo comes out looking great and driving properly, I'll be one of the first owners.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But if they aren't competing in WRC, why even call their next sport sedan (if it is a sedan) an Evo?

They may have decided to go a different direction with an engine that isn't 2.0 so they may feel compelled to stop calling the car by that name because it would be the end of that era of vehicles.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
But if they aren't competing in WRC, why even call their next sport sedan (if it is a sedan) an Evo?

They may have decided to go a different direction with an engine that isn't 2.0 so they may feel compelled to stop calling the car by that name because it would be the end of that era of vehicles.
well the WRC is not the Rally as a whole....
There is IRC and many many regional and State events or separate national one's makes the rally sport. Fact the WRC is probabaly the most distant organiztaion from the original rally idea, who run they rallys as today.
In 2011 WRC Mexico has as today, still only 25 entry, but of course the Manufacturers are there, all that TWO ..... LOL

SO EVo's are running rally's all over a world , what they meant to do.

The WRC is a wrong standard to judge ANY car.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:59 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
There is IRC and many many regional and State events or separate national one's makes the rally sport. Fact the WRC is probabaly the most distant organiztaion from the original rally idea, who run they rallys as today.
In 2011 WRC Mexico has as today, still only 25 entry, but of course the Manufacturers are there, all that TWO ..... LOL

SO EVo's are running rally's all over a world , what they meant to do.

The WRC is a wrong standard to judge ANY car.
Exactly...

Mitsubishi built it to Gruppe-N standards, not WRC standards. Just because doesn't participate in these events, doesn't mean the car wasn't built for them.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
also guys , i wouldnt worry about the rev limiter , when the diesel make s that much TQ and hp at the low end. It is all about gearing....
And mitshubishi is not new, neither lost in that department.
I would rock the diesel evo with that much factory hp . Remember diesel = no knocking = boost can be up to the sky ...
Only in the States are strange the 2 -2.5 l 4 cylinder TDI engines. In eu they are a long time ago used in racing.
Also if im right in rally the diesel engine dont need a restrictor .
I'll be a rocket with diesel engine
I believe it can run a larger restrictor and/or more displacement. A Diesel rally car makes way more sense anyway. 34mm cars are limited to the same rpm level as a diesel would be, but the diesel will always make more torque and can run more boost. Plus get better mileage both in transit and on stage.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

I understand that but the car was still built with company pride in competing in the WRC including older homologation regulations. Ralliart was created to support this effort. The rules have changed over the years and the cars in the top level have grown into monsters that barely share a resemblance to the road going vehicles, but that is irrelevant. Mitsubishi isn't obligated nor do they have to have a good business case to keep developing a vehicle just so some smaller rallies spread across the globe can still use their vehicles. I doubt many of the cars in those rallies were buying brand new Group N spec Evos from Ralliart - most of them probably use grey market used cars - that ain't puttin' cheese in Mitsubishi's pockets.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 21, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:35 PM
EvoM Community Team

Actually more specifically, the Evo X was built to Gruppe-N standards, not WRC standards.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Actually more specifically, the Evo X was built to Gruppe-N standards, not WRC standards.
The road going cars have Group-N counterparts, turn key racecars that can be bought from Ralliart or this one from MML:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/14/m...by-mml-sports/

No production car anywhere is "built to WRC" standards.

The WRC cars built were wildly something different. I would hope Mitsubishi would continue to build the production car to support Group N and grass roots efforts, I just don't feel as confident as you guys do that they would feel obligated or compelled to do so - especially in light of their new corporate focus of being a maker of small light and efficient vehicles and shutting down Ralliart.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:40 AM
EvoM Community Team

Yah don't get me wrong, I do feel mitsu is going green, hell they've even said that's their effort.

To re-iterate. I think all manufacturers in the next 10 years are going to be green and have whimpy sports cars. Or fossil fuel cars with weak sales. I don't think the electronic technology will catch up with sports car mentality in 10 years. . I hope I'm wrong.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I understand that but the car was still built with company pride in competing in the WRC including older homologation regulations. Ralliart was created to support this effort. The rules have changed over the years and the cars in the top level have grown into monsters that barely share a resemblance to the road going vehicles, but that is irrelevant. Mitsubishi isn't obligated nor do they have to have a good business case to keep developing a vehicle just so some smaller rallies spread across the globe can still use their vehicles. I doubt many of the cars in those rallies were buying brand new Group N spec Evos from Ralliart - most of them probably use grey market used cars - that ain't puttin' cheese in Mitsubishi's pockets.
that is true in the US, not so much other parts of the world . where the Mitsubishi actually has business and recognition and they actually do have a rally.

Im not sure you are aware of the popularity and a quantity of the cars they use in the rally world wide...
Not to mention how many evo's are running rallies... LOL

USA is a worst example in any category if you talking about Mitsubishi.

ps: Any car race itself doesn't make financial sense. No one do it because the racing trophy's will keep the company top of the water or the actual race car selling . Car race is nothing but commercial or advertising. And so no one except financial benefit from it .
The race teams never create money themselves for the company, they create visibility - fame etc. and from there they make "money" to the company besides the test and engineering benefits.
Race is always a spending department in any car manufacturer.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo X the last?