Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

WOW Mitsubishi not at NAIAS for second straight year.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope they are at the Tokyo auto show or we are in trouble.
Mitsubishi could make & has made amazing automotive progress. It's a shame they are letting it slip.
Lets make a list for mitsubishi to help them out.
Bring back the Starion turbo/3000 gt vr4 (less weight)a real eclipse like the 94 gsx./ maybe a high performance SUV a SRT/Cayanne porsche type of truck. Maybe even a high performance Galant.

I know it will never happen, but they can do it.
To bad they don't read the forums.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Risky Guy
Mitsubishi could make & has made amazing automotive progress. It's a shame they are letting it slip.
Bring back the Starion turbo/3000 gt vr4 (less weight)a real eclipse like the 94 gsx./ maybe a high performance SUV a SRT/Cayanne porsche type of truck. Maybe even a high performance Galant.

We all love those cars, and we all hope that we get some piece of those cars.
But if GT86 required 6 years of planning, what do you think what would ICE Starion look like in 6 years? Prehistoric?
Mitsubishi can make those models, but costs of R&D are so high it doesn't pay off.
I've had some thinking, in order for Mitsubishi to close the gap on missing models which are Galant as family sedan, Diamante as lux sedan, Starion as a RWD sportscar, GTO as GT and releasing them while they still hold popularity can cost Mitsubishi billions and make Mitsubishi lose more in US if it doesn't live up, so if Mitsubishi wants to release gap fillers it has to resort on badge engineering.

Ok, you think badge engineering and say omg, no. Here's a nice example.
Volvo.
S60 Volvo can effectively be new Mitsubishi Galant.
how, you ask?
1. Its transverse platform.
2. Volvo has a lot more weight in certain places of car architecture which Mitsubishi could cutoff as manufactoring cost reducal per car, it can also reduce costs with cutting off premium equipment, some over necessary equipment etc.
S80 could be Diamante, and platform itself would be used in order to make GT car of it.
Ofc it has to trade something also:
1. Mitsubishi has a nice group of diesel engines in its "stables", which have nearly around 100Co2 per km2, and even Peugeot(company that makes diesel that Volvo uses, isn't shy of using Mitsubishi product in its badge engineered 4008/C4Aircross)
2. S-AWC if interested
Mitsubishi could also get Yamaha derived 4.4 V8 engine that could be awesome in Pajero(ex-Montero US) in GCC markets, since the main reason why some don't consider Pajero more serious than Patrol and Landcruiser is due to the lack of V8 powerplant.
And also before Geely took Volvo, they shared Netherland factory for highly successful Volvo40/Mitsubishi Carisma NedCar product. So they have some nice history beetwen them + Volvo uses Mitsubishi electronics*(*Mitsubishi Electronics Company derived, not MMC).
This is example. PSA group for instance is also huge European company and Mitsubishi could always ask for badge engineering their products since it already gave Outlander and Outlander sport to them(4007 and 4008's Peugeots).
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Let's see if EVO XI can bring back their business or not!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitlan
Let's see if EVO XI can bring back their business or not!
EVO XI is not a car that is caliber to bring somebody bussiness.
Stuff like Galant/Outlander/Lancer are.
The following users liked this post:
OZganggang (Apr 19, 2023)
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PZ.eu
EVO XI is not a car that is caliber to bring somebody bussiness.
Stuff like Galant/Outlander/Lancer are.
Yes, but the other series like Outlander and basic Lancer will pretty much follow the design of the EVO~
I think if the design of EVO XI are good, than the other series will selling good as well.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, but the other series like Outlander and basic Lancer will pretty much follow the design of the EVO~
I think if the design of EVO XI are good, than the other series will selling good as well.
in theory that should stand.
But Mitsubishi denied us in practice.
EVO X is good, Lancer ended up being good also, but they failed to sell.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PZ.eu
in theory that should stand.
But Mitsubishi denied us in practice.
EVO X is good, Lancer ended up being good also, but they failed to sell.
Exactly, the dealership fail the promotion part.
For example, not much people know or even trust that mitsubishi's engine is as reliable as the toyato does.
How many people would actually tune a Corolla? Lancer is always being tuned within a problem(a proper tune).

Not much people know that an Outlander is a much better offroad car than the Rav4 unless they are professional people in machine. Subaru has done a great job in the off road capability promotion. Mitsubishi fail it even though it has the capability a lot earlier than Subaru does. Look at those car reviews, when people compare the AWD and 4WD, a Fortester is a must. Then, there may be a Volvo, Audi, Rad4, CRV, but no Outlander!!!

Same thing for the i-miev, not much people know that it is a very good electric car. Take a look at those car reviews, you can find that people love that car after a test drive. They think it is even better than a Toyato Prius. I have seen the both cars in person as well, and I do love the i-miev better.

Mitsubishi should hire a new president like the Nissan did.
See how the GTR build up the sales of the rest of the lines.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Risky Guy

They were a no show, at the salon atleast. I was very disappointed.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
mitsu was at the Montreal Auto Show this weekend, where they unveiled the 2014 Mirage* for Canadian market, so they certainly aren't completely pulling the plug on MMNA.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/20/m...canadian-sale/

* : Not the official name from what I understand, but that's pretty much what the car is.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are at the philly auto show. Went there yesterday.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly, the dealership fail the promotion part.
For example, not much people know or even trust that mitsubishi's engine is as reliable as the toyato does.
How many people would actually tune a Corolla? Lancer is always being tuned within a problem(a proper tune).

Not much people know that an Outlander is a much better offroad car than the Rav4 unless they are professional people in machine. Subaru has done a great job in the off road capability promotion. Mitsubishi fail it even though it has the capability a lot earlier than Subaru does. Look at those car reviews, when people compare the AWD and 4WD, a Fortester is a must. Then, there may be a Volvo, Audi, Rad4, CRV, but no Outlander!!!

Same thing for the i-miev, not much people know that it is a very good electric car. Take a look at those car reviews, you can find that people love that car after a test drive. They think it is even better than a Toyato Prius. I have seen the both cars in person as well, and I do love the i-miev better.

Mitsubishi should hire a new president like the Nissan did.
See how the GTR build up the sales of the rest of the lines.
The ASX(aka cooler named Outlander sport) in Europe could've been better sold if it was promoted with same passion as Gnazda CX5, cause its equally good and even tho its 1 year older its as modern as CX5.
It came with VVT diesel engine, first of its kind and got so many praises but failed to properly sell it. Even tho people love the car, its just dealership, presale department that does job terribly.
Meanwhile in Russia...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

I went to NAIAS on Saturday morning and I was surprised I did not see Mitsubishi

I also saw a WW evo X gsr with a AMS FMIC in Downtown Detroit I was on the train and noticed it lol it had NY plates
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:33 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
was at the industrial show of the naias. glad the mitsubishi were not there unless they have something new to offer.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...as-2013-a.html
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mirage is schedule to unveil at the NY Autoshow. They always have a good showing in Dallas. Thanks to Don Herring Mitsubishi.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:34 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no wonder the naias is sponsored by dada.org or detroit area dealers association of which the mitsubishi dealers are far and few.