Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

WOW Mitsubishi not at NAIAS for second straight year.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's never a good sign when a car company is low price, low margin, and low volume. If Mitsubishi doesnt step up the quality of their vehicles and doesn't promote them, they will be the next Suzuki. Their current business model is terrible.

Things they need:

- Really good mid-size car showcasing their technology and fuel efficiency.
- Realy good crossover with more than one powertrain that doesn't have an interior that looks like it was made Fisher-Price.
- A good hybrid. NOT their I-MIEV all-electric micro-crap car that will sell about as well as Nissan's Leaf.
- A VERY good advertising campaign. Or hell, at this point, any advertising campaign.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only every owned Mitsubishis and have yet to have any major problems with my Lancer, in fact, I really do enjoy my car. But it's disappointing to see the lack of involvement these guys have with the public. They don't need to be up our butts with commercials like Toyota (or maybe they do, who knows) but a little more advertising could go a long way. I think we have one Mitsubishi dealership in Maine, no joke, and sometimes people have to think a second and realize that I'm not talking about TVs when I tell them I own a Mitsubishi. They stopped making the Gallant and the Eclipse and now have that bizarre electric thing, I just don't know where these guys are headed. I don't think it should be such a budget cruncher for a (semi)well-known car company to be able to make it to a large car show, unless they really are going under. Granted, if they've got nothing new to show then why bother, but that's just a lame-tastic reason to not attend.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by octane88
... people have to think a second and realize that I'm not talking about TVs when I tell them I own a Mitsubishi. ...
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/

I'm surprised anyone knows about Mitsubishi TVs. Surprisingly their Laser TVs are some of the best. The irony.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

TVs turbos, same thing.
It's unfortunate that Mitsubishi is not making it mainstream.
Maybe in Japan they actually care about the customer, seems they have to many u.s. dealers that are just bad for business, combine with poor product placement.
Either evolve or die, that's the automotive world.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Risky Guy
TVs turbos, same thing.
It's unfortunate that Mitsubishi is not making it mainstream.
Maybe in Japan they actually care about the customer, seems they have to many u.s. dealers that are just bad for business, combine with poor product placement.
Either evolve or die, that's the automotive world.
The one Mitsubishi dealership we have here has about 5 cars in their lot... and the service department got moved to a building down the road from the dealership, so I had to search for it the next time I went in for service. I know that it's probably not like that everywhere, but it's no wonder there aren't any Mitsubishis up here, no one knows where the dealership is.

It makes me sad to think that 's fans seem to be doing more of the advertising/support than the company itself.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BoosterX
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/

I'm surprised anyone knows about Mitsubishi TVs. Surprisingly their Laser TVs are some of the best. The irony.
Yes, their electronic are good. I had a air conditioner from them, too
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by mitlan
Yes, their electronic are good. I had a air conditioner from them, too
Thumbs up for everything else Mitsubishi makes.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:48 AM

I've seen more ads for fridges than I have seen for automobiles. They're not even avaliable in my domestic market hahaha, all seen overseas.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:03 PM

Have they redone any of the new models in years?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think advertising is really lacking at Mitsubishi America. be it TV/Radio/Paper/Internet. Just go to the Japan Mistubishi site and you can see a bunch of TV promo material.

Another thing is like someone said above .the Stealerships. When you drive by most other dealerships you see their hot sellers up front maybe on a ramp, balloons, colored flags, etc. all the dealerships i have seen on the west coast (besides LA area) have mostly used cars up front, and maybe 2 new lancers and oulanders in the back. and then maybe 1 evo in the showroom. It looks like a used car lot!
I think this brand gets overlooked by average buyers wandering around automalls going from lot to lot and they will skip a run down looking dealership even if it contains hidden gems.(think teenage girl's first car walking around with mommy/daddy) It's pretty sad.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 08:15 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
They have a small booth this time.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:00 AM

I believe that they were at the Chicago Auto Show last year, so maybe they will make it to that one, at least. mobdro app

Last edited by aisahoga; May 25, 2022 at 10:01 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 07:08 PM

Don’t trip my people Mitsubishi got something up their sleeve. I hope!