Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Need a recipe for 800 who evo8

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a recipe for 800 who evo8

Just bought a stock evo8 I’ve been out of the game for about 15 years. Can somebody help me?
Old Apr 27, 2024, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 117 Likes on 93 Posts
My suggestion is to go dig around the dyno results section and see what people are doing. Some of the tech has changed in 15 years but the recipe is the same.

Built 2.0
Large turbo
Fuel system to support that turbo
Supporting mods like exhaust, cams, intercooler, etc
Then the biggest change is probably to an aftermarket plug and play ECU

As my obligatory response whenever anyone asks for a specific horsepower number I will say this. Really think about how you are going to use the car and what you want it to be. Nothing is worse than dumping tons of money into a car to end up with something that doesn't work well for how you use it. If you are going to street drive it, 800whp is likely overkill and the trade off of reliability and response probably isn't going to be worth it. If its a drag car, thats a different thing and you will pick different parts accordingly.
Just really give it some thought, I'd hate to see you finish it and then its for sale because it isn't what you wanted.