Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Standard features on my ready to be shipped MR.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giumela
Just an FYI for those that are interested in the price of the Evo MR BBS rims. I went to a Mitsu dealer in CHicago today and they can order them at $836/each.
Not the first time I've heard around that figure either. Even though those BBS rims are available in other sizes, the 17 x 8's are exclusively licensed to Mitsu and aren't supposed to be available through other channels. I believe it's the same deal with the STi's wheels.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MisterSpoot
Not the first time I've heard around that figure either. Even though those BBS rims are available in other sizes, the 17 x 8's are exclusively licensed to Mitsu and aren't supposed to be available through other channels. I believe it's the same deal with the STi's wheels.
Read that they are lighter than the Volk TE 37's too.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 11:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver TT
Am I the only person who finds it absolutely RIDICULOUS that this car does not come with Cruise Control? Granted most of the car's purpose is for autoxing and rallying, etc...but who wouldn't want cruise control to get TO the event.

So ridiculous. What would it add 1 lb to the car? If that? It is almost 2005. Every car should come with cruise control and probably even the object sensing speed control versions you see on all luxury cars today.
Yes. You are the only person who finds it absolutely ridiculous. It is not a freaking 3 series. Do you want a back massager and DVD nav too? If you don't want a car for racing, don't buy a "Mitsubishi RACING" Evo.. it's pretty simple Just buy an Evo 8, unless you just want the MR for magazine racing and bragging rights.

john
Old Oct 1, 2004, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Yes. You are the only person who finds it absolutely ridiculous. It is not a freaking 3 series. Do you want a back massager and DVD nav too? If you don't want a car for racing, don't buy a "Mitsubishi RACING" Evo.. it's pretty simple Just buy an Evo 8, unless you just want the MR for magazine racing and bragging rights.

john
Actually I didn't say anything about a DVD or back massager. And I don't want a 3 series or an M3 for exactly that reason.

But if you routinely drive 200 miles on a highway to get to a race, or a 50 miles to and from work as I often do, it would be nice to have cruise control and it can't cost very much if anything at all to add this module to a car. It is standard on many cars that cost 1/3 this price. That's all. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

D
Old Oct 1, 2004, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by giumela
Just an FYI for those that are interested in the price of the Evo MR BBS rims. I went to a Mitsu dealer in CHicago today and they can order them at $836/each.
Holy Cow! That's some $$$ for 17 inch rims. How much do Volks run?? I understand they're light at exclusive but....they do like tight.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silver TT
Actually I didn't say anything about a DVD or back massager. And I don't want a 3 series or an M3 for exactly that reason.

But if you routinely drive 200 miles on a highway to get to a race, or a 50 miles to and from work as I often do, it would be nice to have cruise control and it can't cost very much if anything at all to add this module to a car. It is standard on many cars that cost 1/3 this price. That's all. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

D
I talked to a manager at a Mazda dealer not long ago, really cool guy who seemed to know quite a bit about cars. He was really into older muscle and was honest about it. But he said that Mazda makes no turbo charged vehicles with cruise, perhaps it has to do with the limited power band and response in a low displacement turbo vehicle? As far as I know, the Mazdaspeed Protege came with no cruise.

If you think it is crazy that the Evo comes with no cruise, if the Mazdaspeed 6 comes along without cruise with it's luxurious interior.. maybe it won't seem so crazy anymore.

If you're going to track it, go ahead and put on an aftermarket cruise control unit and give us the details. I know you're not the only one out there who uses cruise control occasionally and wants it for their' evo
Old Oct 3, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

masdaspeed6 appears to have cruise and i believe the ms miata does also. i had cruise in my 911 turbo, 300zx tt and my current rx-7 tt. i don't think turbocharging has anything to do with it.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...er=mazdaSpeed6

check the steering wheel pic. i tried to upload it but it was too large and i'm too lazy to downsize it right now.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

mr .......just doesnt appeal to me.....same car...diff susp/wheels/six speed/acd....you can get acd on any 05 most of us change the wheels/ suspension and we really dont need six speed........how many of you use sixth gear in an autox? ehh.....but if you claim that you got the money so your arent worried about it then go ahead and buy an "mr edition"...while you fork over all that money you lost in trade in and now you have more payments....im going to take my same amount and buy a new turbo set up wheels suspension and everything else...you'll be driving in your new mr and me....a rocket.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

^^^great post!!!

not.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:07 AM

what dealer is this that your purchasing your mr from?
Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

what kind of work do you do outlaw , are you in school .
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw

Another thing is SOME of you people are so wound up with these rumors that its gonna be a $37,000 car and I personally think its all bull****. Then again everyone said I was full of **** when I said th MR will come here. This was when it was just released in Japan.