Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Mods/HP/TQ/Log/MAP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 03:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Take a look at the gauge thread.. It matches my Autometer boost gauge pretty nicely.. Its not a sweep gauge but more like the Autometer AFR gauge, except accurate.. But it makes it alot easier to hide away the unit and not need to figure out a way to mount it..
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I think that posting up maps might get some people into trouble. Too many people would use others maps and blow something. Good for the vendors i guess but i think is could cause some problems.

I guess we could make a thread for our maps and put in the first post DO NOT USE OTHER PEOPLES MAPS!!!!

Just my 2 cents

Ben
Old Dec 31, 2004, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbbwrx
Yeah I think that posting up maps might get some people into trouble. Too many people would use others maps and blow something. Good for the vendors i guess but i think is could cause some problems.

I guess we could make a thread for our maps and put in the first post DO NOT USE OTHER PEOPLES MAPS!!!!

Just my 2 cents

Ben
I see your point but if you have a basic knowledge of being able to tune the utec then I think its a good starting point assuming you have the same mods. My biggest concern would be using someones else fuel map without a wideband. If you have a wide band, then try it. Thats of course ith all else being equal as far as injectors, it should be within tuning limits to hit your target AFRs.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 07:52 AM

Nice color :-p
Old Jan 3, 2005, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

I think one problem is that some cars like mine run really lean with the UTEC for some reason. I have a stock intake setup, but my car knocks like crazy when I use the default TXS fuel maps, both MAF-based and open loop. I'm currently using MAF-based fueling with a minimum of -4.6% fueling, much richer than the default map. And this is with "reasonable" boost and timing (not much more than stock). I know there are others out there with this issue too. So it's really dangerous to run someone else's map without seriously considering how your car will react to the fuel map, even if you have the same mods. And of course boost maps could be equally dangerous, especially closed loop.

That said, I think it would be really cool to have a thread where everyone posts their maps, mods and logs. It just has to be REALLY clear to beginners that they should absolutely not just load up any map they see there with similar mods.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

I also think that a digital readout gauge would clash with the defi bf series I have. Just trying to keep it fungshway
LMAO I can't believe you busted out with fungshway.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I keep reading posts not to use other peoples maps, as it could cause ill affects on your own setup. I just want to be very clear on something.

I posted this information to share and not as an all incluse map setup for those with the exact mods I have. I understand that each car is unique, and each mod will have different results on each evo out there. With this said, please use my information as a tool in tuning your own car, and not as a replacement map. I only posted this as a "Look what my maps provided my car" type of statement.

If a new thread is started for map information, I would definately like to see it started similar to my first post in this thread. (Mods, 3rd gear log, and maps)
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by sgplancer
It seems that I am getting quite a few PMs lately about my mods/map/logs, as well as questions about HP/TQ figures. I am the kind of person that doesn't mind sharing with everyone, so here goes.

MODS

UTEC w/remote map selector
Tuner Pro
HKS 264in/272ex
Fidanza Cam gears set at 0/0
Walbro 255lph
Sard 700cc injectors
Perrin Fuel Rail
HKS Racing suction intake
TXS RFL cat back
TXS downpipe
TXS cat delete
Hyperflow I/C
RVM I/C piping

HP/TQ
As measured with the current mods on a Mustang dyno
310 HP at 6850 rpm
314 TQ at 3750 rpm

I'm getting very similar mods this week, with the exception of FMIC upgrade. What does a stock evo measure on Mustang Dyno. I'll have my car tuned on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. Just curious as to HP gains I can expect.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by BigBoogieman
I think one problem is that some cars like mine run really lean with the UTEC for some reason. I have a stock intake setup, but my car knocks like crazy when I use the default TXS fuel maps, both MAF-based and open loop. I'm currently using MAF-based fueling with a minimum of -4.6% fueling, much richer than the default map. And this is with "reasonable" boost and timing (not much more than stock). I know there are others out there with this issue too. So it's really dangerous to run someone else's map without seriously considering how your car will react to the fuel map, even if you have the same mods. And of course boost maps could be equally dangerous, especially closed loop.
I've had the same problem with the TurboXS Maps, so that's two of us at least.

Anyone else ?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My car was lean with the default open loop fueling maps.. I had to add 3-4% fuel almost across the board.. regardless of if I used MAF or MAP/TPS fueling..