Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Datalogit?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually the Datalogit allows much finer fuel mapping as it accesses many maps that are not in the hand held controller. It is a must for serious tuning if you are not near a Power Excel dealer like us. We use to use the datalogit prior to being an Excel dealer and it works great!
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Guru
Actually the Datalogit allows much finer fuel mapping as it accesses many maps that are not in the hand held controller. It is a must for serious tuning if you are not near a Power Excel dealer like us. We use to use the datalogit prior to being an Excel dealer and it works great!
so u can tune with te datalogit?! if so, dose it work good in combination with a wbo2 ?

ths
Old Sep 12, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Emo-Evo
so u can tune with te datalogit?! if so, dose it work good in combination with a wbo2 ?
ths
You can tune with the Datalogit and you can use a wide band 02 with it, but you can only log the wb02. There is a great feature with the Datalogit, that will show the 20 x 20 load/ rpm grid and overlay the data being logged in the appropriate cell. You can then view high, low, average and number of events for each cell. This will let you know what cells you need to adjust fuel and/ or timing.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Emo-Evo

ths
the wideband is an option you can add to log along with your other sensors.
you can also add a digital boost gauge with the use of any map sensors you want(recommend 3bar or higher) as you can input the voltage and program the display as Boost in PSI,
You can add up to four additional sensors, ie. egt. oil temp. intercooler air temp for in and out. etc.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 09:14 PM

ths for the fast respose.

I am defenetly going to go with a j-d.. fc and the sensors for now and fater get the datalogit and a wideband so I can tune for more mods

most likley it will get tuned by Alamo in Arlington tx.

I am puting down 306 hp with a vishnui exede

I have

ic pipes
aem short ram
greddy s bov
hks 272/272
unorthodox camgears
greddy timeingbelt
tbe 3" ss
perrin fuel rail

I am planing to get
injestors
tme turbo

I hope the FC will yeald better power and a smoother powerband than the wishnu.

also what size injectors should I use with the tme turbo, 680 or 780
Old Sep 29, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
You can tune with the Datalogit and you can use a wide band 02 with it, but you can only log the wb02. There is a great feature with the Datalogit, that will show the 20 x 20 load/ rpm grid and overlay the data being logged in the appropriate cell. You can then view high, low, average and number of events for each cell. This will let you know what cells you need to adjust fuel and/ or timing.
what does the Datalogit lack compared to Power Excel regarding features?

Last edited by Derek888; Oct 7, 2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Derek888
what does the Datalogit lack compared to Power Excel regarding features?
Dan will have to answer that because I've never seen Power Excel.