Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

new FP, now CEL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new FP, now CEL

hi i need some help, i changed my fp for a Walbro one and long story short had some trouble at one point getting it out. Also, i accidently pulled a ground wire out of its place and re-soldered it in place(i assume the right place). So im not positive what the problem is.

now after the install it runs fine however my gas guage does not react what-so-ever. Also, i have a CEL because of it.

Everything runs fine, just my guage is down and i have a CEL.

Any help please, cuz i just got my reflash back yesterday and i am scared to even get on it and test it w/ a CEL, not to mention not knowing how much gas I have.

thanks a million
Old Sep 22, 2005, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just an update on the situation, i looked at some pictures online and i put the wire back in the correct spot so that is not the problem, im almost positive it involves the part of the float that gives the reading on the "circuit-board" looking piece on the assembly, hopefully that can be replaced itself. Tonight im gunna take it back out and look to see if i bent somehting, maybe just bent the pieces apart and thats why its not getting any reading at all. I'd be content with an inaccurate guage right now
Old Sep 25, 2005, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make sure everything is sealed in there too...could be something easy..overall check your fittings and stuff...i'm sure it'll be ez