Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Will this Blow-Through MAF work?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will this Blow-Through MAF work?

While searching on the internet found this product.

http://www.3sxperformance.com/fuel.asp

Scroll down to Pro-M Blow-Through Option. One of the cars they have listed as combatiable is the Evolution 8. Anyone have any experince with this product?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+ gazillion for the answer...

l8r)
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes.. It will work.. HOWEVER bad news, Pro-Flow, aka, Pro-M, aka Best Products is defunct.. Their products are no longer available.. Granatelli motorsports is continuing to sell the MAF sensors, however the electronics may no longer be avalable.

This is a variation of the unit i'm using on my car.. Only I had a slight Snafu with the electronics, the body shop inadvertantly got water into the electronics, my unit was sent to me to be adjustable, and wasn't properly waterproofed because of it.. I need to replace or repair the electronics ASAP on my car, coincidentally I found a used one from another member a few days ago before I got word that my unit got damaged.

I will be contacting SplitSec performance www.splitsec.com about their products which is the closest equivalent product (Their ARC2-K or PSC1-006) and if they can build a version that can use 3000hz instead of 2000 for the PSC-01 and 2500hz for the other manually adjustable unit. You'd still need some sort of blowthrough or drawthrough analog meter (Ford Cobra, or Granatelli sensor)

At the moment, turboXS does not have any blowthrough option in their firmware.. if they **DO** have a beta that works with a blowthrough sensor thats analog (0-5v) then they need to get in touch with me ASAP since I have to replace my electronics shortly.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Sep 27, 2005 at 03:39 PM.