Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Need feedback on this product

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Need feedback on this product

Hi guys,

Someone important in the motorsports world showed me a part and told me that it made 26WHP on a Dynojet on a customer Eclipse Turbo.

Yeah, I know you are probably asking yourself if I am in crack,right?, no I am not. In fact this person is the brother of the faster Supra owner in the world, the WOTM Supra that just ran 8.6@168 and also they own a 600whp Evo .

Anyway, he tried to sell me this product that I am ataching in this link.

Do you guys have any feedback on this?, I have seen the product on hand, he pulled out of the box and the metallic box is kind of heavy. The Apexy emblem lights up and the wires are really thick.

He insist that they made 26WHP on a Dynojet on a Eclipse Turbo. I really don't want to talk smack about nobody, I am just here to ask you guys if this item is worth the money. The price is around $200.

I am not sure if this was his strategy to sell me this or if it is legitimate but let me tell you something, he is the biological brother and co-owner of WWW.WOTM.COM which they own the faster and most Powerful Supra in the world and also they own one of the fastest Evo 8 as well, more over they have Dynos in both shop. I don't think he is talking smack. What do you guys think?
http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_ele...=224&pageNum=1

Let me take a step further and let me be more specific, the person that I talked to is Eric from apexmotorsports in Tucson. If you want, you can call him at (520) 3265466. He is a really cool guy, he might give you better information and he can answer your questions .

Thanks!!

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 20, 2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
26whp??? Nope, not possible with just a grounding kit.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Have you read the link?, it is more than just a grounding kit, it is a stabilizer.

Lets give me the benefit of the doubt. I am going to wait until tomorrow first thing in the morning and I am going to ask him again about the details.
I am 100% positive he told me 26hp, I want to say he told me they were to the wheels and that he tested on his indoor Dyno Jet.

Ask anyone here in this forum that lives in Phoenix or Tucson, this guys is legitimate and he has his dyno to test the parts.

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 20, 2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

if someone lies to you that bad or is mis-informed that much about a product they sell.. i wouldn't buy from them.....
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

I might ask him to install it in my Golf GTI and test it for me first hand.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Question

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I might ask him to install it in my Golf GTI and test it for me first hand.
Good idea, test it first. Its just hard to believe 26whp, dont you think itd be a huge thing on these forums(and others) if it gave you 26whp for $200? Everyone would have one! Just my 02 cents
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Indeed I agree with you. If everyone could sell products for $200 and make 26whp that would be a profitable business.

I am going to focus right now on the feedback about this product.
I already attached the information necessary to verify my source. Lets call him tomorrow and find out.

my.2c

Abner, if you read this, could you please call Eric at Apexmotorsport tomorrow?
same thing goes for Ray, PJ Edwin and all the Tucson Evo owners that are reading my topic.

Thanks!!
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Keep us posted!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no way that thing gave 26awhp from a stabilizer.

Unless

There was something seriously messed up with the electrical system on that eclipse.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

C'mon Carlos...perhaps that guy told you 2,6whp instead of 26?
You know my point of view about overinflated horsepower gains from stabilizers and ground kits, and I've seen plenty of dynos with ZERO horsepower gains.
Isn't this guy the same one who told you that he tuned a twin turbo Vette Z06 and that the car pushed 1200 whp on a dynojet at his shop? You saw that Vette leaving a gas station at WOT...you told me that you were not impressed at all.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Doesnt seem very likely.

Last edited by Spooldyou; Dec 25, 2005 at 06:24 AM.