Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

openport 1.3M

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
openport 1.3M

are there any available free datalogging software for this interface yet? also where can I find the drivers for this cable? rite now Im not worried about flashing my ecu...i just want to use the cable to datalog for my safc2
Old May 10, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Colby has stated that the drivers will be included in the ECUFlash software that will be released hopefully today.

As far as free software, I know people are working on some. I will try to find and test some OBD-II freeware, but I'm not sure if it will be compatible with the cable or not.

Eric
Old May 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah I'm not aware of anything using the standard OBD-II interface.. But logging with OBD-II is painfully slow on the mitsubishi, there is an ongoing project that just started to create a logger that runs of the ECU's native diagnostic mode, which according to the guy doing the research, is 150 samples per second on the MUT Diagnostic tool..

The 1.3 cable uses a standard RS232-USB driver, but you have to use a specific driver since it has a different "signature" and the driver files need to be revised slightly. He will provide those with the new ECUFlash software release..

I do have a set of working drivers, two variations of it.. One is not right for the OpenECU software.. the other gives low level access to the interface.

Have patience, the people contributing stuff are very good at what they do, and this is such a new groundbreaking product for the Evo community that it will take some time to get all the tools developed and out there, and find all the stuff you can actually do with it.
Old May 10, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

so I should probably just get a pocketlogger for now since I wish to tune the safc2 i just installed today? or should a datalogger be released in the upcoming month?
Old May 10, 2006, 12:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd say you'll probably see something rough out pretty quickly.. It may not be complete or pretty for some time.. But its silly to spend money twice... have some patience and wait it out for a bit.
Old May 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

No logging yet, but in the future.
Old May 19, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Is there something like a protocol manual for the OpenPort 1.3M ? I tried googling for it, I couldn't find it.
Also, I found this connector for the 1.3M interface: http://www.tactrix.com/product_info.php?products_id=34
what do you guys think ?
Old May 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is the cable that ecuflash uses
Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Yeah I'm not aware of anything using the standard OBD-II interface.. But logging with OBD-II is painfully slow on the mitsubishi, there is an ongoing project that just started to create a logger that runs of the ECU's native diagnostic mode, which according to the guy doing the research, is 150 samples per second on the MUT Diagnostic tool..

The 1.3 cable uses a standard RS232-USB driver, but you have to use a specific driver since it has a different "signature" and the driver files need to be revised slightly. He will provide those with the new ECUFlash software release..

I do have a set of working drivers, two variations of it.. One is not right for the OpenECU software.. the other gives low level access to the interface.

Have patience, the people contributing stuff are very good at what they do, and this is such a new groundbreaking product for the Evo community that it will take some time to get all the tools developed and out there, and find all the stuff you can actually do with it.
are you tellin' me there's hope to log my timing at 150sps with an 89 dollar cable adn some freeware... don't torture a poor kid.