Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Official EVO AccessPORT Information from Cobb Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup...my TBE came today...it's going on tomorrow, can't wait.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheEvolutioner
Just received the TBE, intake and heat shield. One word... AWESOME!!!! Cant wait to slap this ish on.

I notice some thick spacers came with the TBE. I'm wondering what they are for. Are those the same spacers that didnt come with yours CPA5?

I believe so......I look forward to hearing how you enjoy all those goodies
Old Nov 15, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Christian--

I sent you a PM late yesterday

Thanks for responding!!!!!!

Last edited by CPA5; Nov 15, 2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: update
Old Nov 15, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Ok so Cobb has repaired the AP connector and shipped it via UPS ground. Its not going to arrive until Tuesday . They also included the boost line and updated the AP with the new stage 2 93 v100a. THANKS COBB . Hopefully everything goes well.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

thanks for the replacement ap guys,

plenty of cobb ap's for the evo in stock!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Quick update - Today I received the AP from Cobb and everything is working properly now. So i installed the cobb TBE and Cobb intake then flashed the stage 2. The gains are awesome, the exhaust tone is awesome and the intake is awesome. Intake bracket was confusing to install since there was no instructions but we got it to work. I held back from installing the o2 housing for now but will do in a few weeks.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to see you got everything resolved and installed...Happy Thanksgiving huh!

What are your initial impressions of that intake?
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CPA5
What are your initial impressions of that intake?

The intake installation was pretty straight forward. It came with a bracket that bolts to the same location as the stock bracket that held the intake box. You also have to reuse the stock bolts that held the map sensor to the intake box.

Not sure if I gained any power from it but the sound is totally different. If you like the swoosh sound then this is for you. I'm not really into the sound, it causes too much attention but I am pretty sure I gain some power. I'm sure a tune will bring out more power out of the intake.

for another awesome cobb product.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

is the new intake sound akin to when those srt-4 neons roll up on me and rev just to make that blow off sound...is it that loud...or are we talking it only enhanced the relatively quiet sound of the bov.

I wouldn't mind the intake/bov sound a little louder....but not from a 1(stock rating) to a 8 or 9 sound.

Thanks for the report
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Its not annoying like the SRT4 but it does get very load at WOT, not much the BOV sound but the turbo spool sound. Get it, you will love it.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheEvolutioner
Its not annoying like the SRT4 but it does get very load at WOT, not much the BOV sound but the turbo spool sound. Get it, you will love it.
Also, how have you liked your STRI gauges?

I got the boost gauge installed today and we think the gauge is bad. After the initial lite up sequence only the needle stays lit and not the numbers...they don't even lite up when the lights get turned on ........I also set the warning light on the gauge to come on at 22psi and the thing lights up at like 15psi......

Have you had these issues at all with the gauges?

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CPA5
Also, how have you liked your STRI gauges?

I got the boost gauge installed today and we think the gauge is bad. After the initial lite up sequence only the needle stays lit and not the numbers...they don't even lite up when the lights get turned on ........I also set the warning light on the gauge to come on at 22psi and the thing lights up at like 15psi......

Have you had these issues at all with the gauges?

Thanks
I haven't had any problems what so ever. I installed the boost and oil pressure about a week ago, install was a breeze just running the wires was a PITA and I just tapped the manifold for the EGT yesterday so thats working fine aswell. I connected them all in series and spliced the wires from the radio harness. The needle lights up by itself only when I remove the key from the ignition and about 3 seconds later it turns off. With the key on the lights should stay illuminated at all times. Double check the wiring and make sure everything is connected. As for the warning light, I also set it to 22psi and it works fine.

STRI Wires------Radio Harness---------Wire Type
Red wire----------Red w/ Black stripe--------Constant Volt
Orange wire-----Blue w/ Yellow Stipe-------Ignition On
Yellow wire-------Green w/ white stripe-----Illumination
Black wire---------Bolt near radio-------------Ground

Last edited by TheEvolutioner; Nov 27, 2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Well, i found out why the gauge wouldn't lite up fully when the car lights are switched on.

I always have my nite-time dash lites set very low ( the dial underneath the steeringwheel), so last nite when I was switched the lights on, and the gauge still didn't lite up I decided to move that dimming dial all the way up....as soon as I did that the gauge numbers all lit up....so at this point during the day it seems just the needle stays lit....then at nite the gauge will be lit up only after I move the dimming dial to FULL Brightness.

Since I have never had a boost gauge before (obviously) I am still learning how to read this thing....it seems like my boost is all over the place....it will hit 21.5psi most times when at WOT but at others...mainly 1st and 2nd gear it only get to like 16-18psi. I''l probably take one of the guys at IA for ride to see if this thing is actually reading out right or if the gauge is bad.

oKay sorry for gauge talk back to AP stuff
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Good to here that its working. My boost doesnt always hit 21psi on 1st and 2nd so your not alone.

Last edited by TheEvolutioner; Nov 28, 2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder why it doesn't ping at peak in those gears?

could be the ecu doesn't allow full boost in 1st or 2nd...but those gears always seem to pull just as hard if not harder than 3rd/4th......of course that could be because of shorter gearing

COBB can you guys chime in on this?

I'll tell you what I'd hate to be a Tuner/Performance Company.....too many darn people like me out there you have to cater to

Last edited by CPA5; Nov 29, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Official EVO AccessPORT Information from Cobb Tuning