Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Log boost: JDM MAP vs. Aftermarket gauge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Log boost: JDM MAP vs. Aftermarket gauge?

I have a few questions about logging boost using Evoscan or Mitsulogger.

I want to log boost and WB 02 simultaneously in EvoScan or Mitsulogger and am not sure if I should "kill two birds with one stone" and get the PLX iMFD+PLX Boost Sensor module, or stick with my current mechanical gauge and pair it with a JDM MAP sensor.

When using a JDM MAP sensor, I understand you can add boost tables and load a ROM, and the signal then can be read along with all the other information from the OBDII port, right?

What if you want to use an aftermarket electronic boost gauge that has a MAP sensor and 5V output, such as the PLX boost sensor module, or similar product from Innovate or Zeitronix? Can I use this output to log boost in EvoScan or Mitsulogger? Or is that only useful when using one of those companies' respective datalogger hardware units?

Could I have two external signals plugged into a laptop using Evoscan or Mitsulogger at once, logging both of them simultaneously?

BTW, where can I get a JDM MAP sensor?

Last edited by hokiruu; Jan 5, 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoScan and Mitsulogger can log vacuum and boost from Zeitronix Zt-2 serial data stream. Zeitronix MAP sensor has unprecedented accuracy. No need for JeyDeeM MAP.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the reply. I am considering a ZT-2.
I am still curious though, if and how one could log from the JDM MAP and WBO2 at once.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hokiruu
Thanks for the reply. I am considering a ZT-2.
I am still curious though, if and how one could log from the JDM MAP and WBO2 at once.
if you have a jdm-map, it logs just like any of the other stock sensors through obd2.

any wideband supported by evoscan and mitsulogger will log the jdm map, and wideband seemlessly.

getting the output of the jdm-map to drive a gauge is whole different challenge, in which case you might be better suited with a package from zeitronix, or innovate. unless you already have a decent mechanical gauge. i have the stock MR gauges which max out above 1.5-1.6bar - so basically i use my gauge to tell me if i'm boosting or not - and then i check the logs to see a detailed boost curve.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Dec 17, 2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Dexmix. I don't care about getting a gauge reading off of the JDM MAP, just an accurate and cost effective way to tune.