Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

dynoflash lacking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dynoflash lacking

My VIII is almost stock save for a K&N drop in, JDM MR DV, and a Dynoflash mail in. After chasing out a couple leak points, I'm coming back to a nagging problem. My Evo feels ok in low to mid range in low to mid range throttle inputs. But, the more I push it the more it feels like it doesn't want to go. WOT is rather numb. I've heard around that the Dynoflash mail ins have this problem (actually using my description of the "numb" high range).

Anyone else encounter this?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Have you logged the car?

Probably due to high knock counts causing timing to be pulled and power to be lost. But you need to log it to find out for sure.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
knocking up top will definitely cause your top end to fall flat on its face.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

had the same problem with a few of his maps, went to a different tuner.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor

If you'd like to correct the tune shoot me a PM and we can give it a full custom tune. All you'll need is a Tactrix cable and laptop.

I also charge what others charge for a base flash $150.

Cheers!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4WS Tuning
If you'd like to correct the tune shoot me a PM and we can give it a full custom tune. All you'll need is a Tactrix cable and laptop.

I also charge what others charge for a base flash $150.

Cheers!
Theres the answer to all your problems
Old May 9, 2008, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

for real problem solve
Old May 25, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rartist
My VIII is almost stock save for a K&N drop in, JDM MR DV, and a Dynoflash mail in. After chasing out a couple leak points, I'm coming back to a nagging problem. My Evo feels ok in low to mid range in low to mid range throttle inputs. But, the more I push it the more it feels like it doesn't want to go. WOT is rather numb. I've heard around that the Dynoflash mail ins have this problem (actually using my description of the "numb" high range).

Anyone else encounter this?
Dude I think Al has serious problems with all of his tunning. After he came out to the Seattle area to tune cars - I wasn't to happy with the way the car felt. Once I was able to get the cable, logging software, and flash software I found out that I paid this ID10T to not tune my car but take my money and run.

There was over 6 counts of knock everywhere - some as hight as 15. And that wasn't a mail in that was him custom tuning the damn thing. I knew that I, a back yard mechanic/tuner, could do much better and for a lot cheaper and my car wouldn't knock and blow up. I wish ppl would stop giving that A-muncher money. Too bad he stays in business.
Old May 25, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jo & Joey
Dude I think Al has serious problems with all of his tunning. After he came out to the Seattle area to tune cars - I wasn't to happy with the way the car felt. Once I was able to get the cable, logging software, and flash software I found out that I paid this ID10T to not tune my car but take my money and run.

There was over 6 counts of knock everywhere - some as hight as 15. And that wasn't a mail in that was him custom tuning the damn thing. I knew that I, a back yard mechanic/tuner, could do much better and for a lot cheaper and my car wouldn't knock and blow up. I wish ppl would stop giving that A-muncher money. Too bad he stays in business.
Couldn't have said it better myself, as I had the same exact issues with his tunes ... and his Customer Service Skills are about as poor as they get. Stay far away!!
Old May 25, 2008, 12:37 PM
Account Disabled

it might not be knock.. could just be overly rich...best to log it for yourself. keep in mind that if you're tuned while the car has issues (leaks) and later you fix those issues the tune is going to be off.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the tuner in every case.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

hey man go with 4WS. he's awesome.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YUP, a knocksum count not necessarly means a REAL KNOCK, the car does knock when it "sees" wierd stuff going on like wavey boost causing loads to jump up and down 230-260-230-250 causing timing to go from higher #'s to lower #'s to higher as RPMS increase.
also to much of a jump in timing or same timing for long periods of range can/will give knocksums. you dont want like 4* timing from 3500-5500RPMs for example.
thats refered to as "block timing" or I dont want to spend the time tuning this portion method.
From what I understand Al likes to tune with Really rich A/f and lots of timing.

Originally Posted by Mellon
it might not be knock.. could just be overly rich...best to log it for yourself. keep in mind that if you're tuned while the car has issues (leaks) and later you fix those issues the tune is going to be off.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the tuner in every case.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

I know my basic bolt Evo with Dynoflash was slower than a stock Evo.

Got a new tuner and it is a lot better now.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dennis F
I know my basic bolt Evo with Dynoflash was slower than a stock Evo.

Got a new tuner and it is a lot better now.
It is funny you say that. Mine was too. My new tuner said that all the timing maps were identical, and the was not any timing added.

I wasnt going to post, but feel obligated to chime in. My car is like a different animal now.

Last edited by EvolvedGTI; Jul 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Low and high octane maps were the same as well for fuel.

Safety net? Where?

Quick Reply: dynoflash lacking