Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Widebands???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Walter686
Mine is starting to go nuts. It's been good for about 6 months though. But I also am running a cat so I'm not sure if that's the difference.

It should be installed before the cat, no? so I'm not sure what difference that might make. But that's another example making one think it might be a trend.

my analog AEM has been trouble-free. it's a little loud (considering it's constantly back and forth, back and forth).

so, going digital for the Evo.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an innovate LC1 and I hated it, went thru about 3 of them and sold the 4th one BNIB.

I run NGK AFX and I love it, I used to have one in my old DSM for 90k miles worked fantastic.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbotalon1g
I had an innovate LC1 and I hated it, went thru about 3 of them and sold the 4th one BNIB.

I run NGK AFX and I love it, I used to have one in my old DSM for 90k miles worked fantastic.

with all the negative reviews on innovate, im starting to think its the brand, this was recommended by a shop that is now defunct, i wont name names but it was in the chantilly, VA area and if you live in or around D.C. and drive an evo, you probably know the shop im talking about, but either way, DEFINITELY, not buying anything with Innovate on it again
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to be fair, at least the LC-1 doesn't need a serial cable to be wired up and the one that comes with it is half the price of the aftermarket one people sell for the AEM. but I'll be damned if I'm going to have to crawl under my car every few months to reset my WB.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
to be fair, at least the LC-1 doesn't need a serial cable to be wired up and the one that comes with it is half the price of the aftermarket one people sell for the AEM. but I'll be damned if I'm going to have to crawl under my car every few months to reset my WB.
I have my AEM wired into my ECU on my evo. So no serial cable for me