Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Stalling on no load decel..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling on no load decel..

If I rev the engine up to 3K+ RPM's while in nutral and then let off the gas the RPM's will drop so low that the car will sometimes stall out. This can be real anoying when im tring to take off on a hill or in slow traffic.

my relevent mods..

HKS front pipe
HKS exhaust
HKS blow off
Apexi Power FC
Carbon clutch and light weight fly wheel

Engine is stock. The PFC was tuned by a shop in mainland Japan. The tuning is spot on, stupid low knock, no issues at all.. other then this. I had this issue on my RX-7 before and I seem to remember there was a setting I had to tweek on the PFC to get it to not do this. Problem is I cant remember what that setting was, or if the EVO PFC even has it. I know PFC's can be different between cars and models.

If anyone has any ideas or helpfull information I would greatly appreciate it.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BOV venting to atmosphere? lightweight flywheel will do it too.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:15 AM

yes on the BOV.

mmm that sucks. Personally I would rather have everything stock and a perfect running car then whats on it.. but to much hassle/money to put it back that way. Guess I'll just have to live with it until I get another car..

Thanks for the reply..
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:41 AM

Pretty sure PowerFC has the function, your looking for a deceleration air function.

It allows you to set an RPM so that it catches when you press the clutch in I think.

Ran my car for about 2 months with VTA bov with powerFC and MAF. Car did not stall once, cause my tuner is a guru with PowerFC. When I would downshift from say 3rd to Neutral to come to a stop, press the clutch in and RPM would drop to about 700ish then raise back to normal idle RPM.

Did notice partial throttle issues, bucking between gear shifts and selecting gears, rich between gear shifts, more lower RPM bucking so went back to recirc BOV. Makes car much much smoother to drive and better for dailying.

All in all, VTA on stock MAF sucks *****.