Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

How to track the cells being used with evoscan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How to track the cells being used with evoscan

Let me preface this by saying that I am new to EvoScan. I have been using ECMlink V3 (aka dsmlink) for about a year now though so I understand the basics of tuning. With v3 to track the cell being used I just scroll through the log (graph) and it highlights the cells being used by the ECU on any given table and I can easily make any needed changes. I have yet to figure out how to do this with EvoScan. I just want to see what cells are being used in the timing table at any given point in the log. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
click on the map tracer button at the top middle of evoscan. when it appears, from the left select/tick timing.

the table to the right top is the map trace table that will show what is being hit. the table under is your actual map, right click it to select your desired map to correlate with.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails How to track the cells being used with evoscan-capture1.jpg   How to track the cells being used with evoscan-capture2.jpg  
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 07EvoIX
click on the map tracer button at the top middle of evoscan. when it appears, from the left select/tick timing.

the table to the right top is the map trace table that will show what is being hit. the table under is your actual map, right click it to select your desired map to correlate with.

cheers
I can open it and load a log but after that i can't figure out what to do. Here is a screen shot, my tables look retarded and I still have no clue which cell is being used. Am I doing something wrong?

How to track the cells being used with evoscan-screenhunter_01-jul.-29-12.40.jpg
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure that all your file paths are correct, try loading different WOT runs. Looks like EvoScan is getting the incorrect path to the file.

Last edited by GrumpyIX; Jul 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Click on "external WBO2" on the left hand side, presuming you have one. Did you load a run for the graph below the AFR map?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GrumpyIX
Make sure that all your file paths are correct, try loading different WOT runs. Looks like EvoScan is getting the incorrect path to the file.
Those two tables look like that even before I load the log. I have tired several different logs and they all look the same. The lower boxes (Horsepower/torque, AFR, and Timing) seem to be loading properly. However all I want is to be able to scroll through the log and see which timing cells were being used at any given point in the log.

What do you mean to make sure my file paths are correct?

Originally Posted by GrumpyIX
Click on "external WBO2" on the left hand side, presuming you have one. Did you load a run for the graph below the AFR map?
Yes, I am logging an external WB02. Regardless of what I select on the left hand side of the screen nothing changes in the middle.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 9!'clipseDOHC
Let me preface this by saying that I am new to EvoScan. I have been using ECMlink V3 (aka dsmlink) for about a year now though so I understand the basics of tuning. With v3 to track the cell being used I just scroll through the log (graph) and it highlights the cells being used by the ECU on any given table and I can easily make any needed changes. I have yet to figure out how to do this with EvoScan. I just want to see what cells are being used in the timing table at any given point in the log. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I have never liked to use map tracer as much. It can be useful but takes extra time.

I simply look at the log and and look for the given load cell on the map based on load/rpm.

But as others have said you have to make sure that the log that you want to check out has been saved into an area that maptracer can access and has been loaded in to maptracer. Not simply brought up with evoscan.

I decided to try it out myself and I got it to work once today and now it is giving me problems as well...

Last edited by mt057; Jul 30, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
OK so to get it to work I had to load the log file that I wanted in the Map tracer program by right clicking on the load % located between the two maps.

Then I had to right click the load% again and load my rom on to it and bam it showed up. Before that it would not show me anything in the top map area only the bottom showing my current rom.

Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mt057
i simply look at the log and and look for the given load cell on the map based on load/rpm.
+1
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mt057
OK so to get it to work I had to load the log file that I wanted in the Map tracer program by right clicking on the load % located between the two maps.

Then I had to right click the load% again and load my rom on to it and bam it showed up. Before that it would not show me anything in the top map area only the bottom showing my current rom.

Thank you so much for your response! One small step forward! I right clicked the middle load% and loaded my ROM and it now displays my proper tables BUT the RPM and LOAD columns are still all jacked up. It is tracking the very first cell (which it shows as 0 RPM and 0 load) but that is it. How do I fix that?

How to track the cells being used with evoscan-screenhunter_02-jul.-30-12.19.jpg

Last edited by 9!'clipseDOHC; Jul 31, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Thank you so much for your response! One small step forward! I right clicked the middle load% and loaded my ROM and it now displays my proper tables BUT the RPM and LOAD columns are still all jacked up. It is tracking the very first cell (which it shows as 0 RPM and 0 load) but that is it. How do I fix that?

Attachment 192078

You dont have your ROM correctly loaded into the maptracer. Or you have another issue.

But like mt057 said, its kinda a hassle to use the map tracer and is much easier to just look at the load and RPM in the log and then edit that cell.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Jul 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
You dont have your ROM correctly loaded into the maptracer. Or you have another issue.

But like mt057 said, its kinda a hassle to use the map tracer and is much easier to just look at the load and RPM in the log and then edit that cell.
I have tried looking at the RPM and Load in the log and seeing what cell it should be using for the timin but it doesn't seem to be lining up right. If there is something not loaded correctly I don't know what it is. I need some ideas. Thanks for the help so far guys!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

I have tried looking at the RPM and Load in the log and seeing what cell it should be using for the timin but it doesn't seem to be lining up right. If there is something not loaded correctly I don't know what it is. I need some ideas. Thanks for the help so far guys!
You may be experiencing timing reduction because of high intake temps, leading the logs not to have the same timing value as the map.

Also, what load are you logging? What ROM are you using?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
You may be experiencing timing reduction because of high intake temps, leading the logs not to have the same timing value as the map.

Also, what load are you logging? What ROM are you using?
My ROM is 96940011 and I am logging LoadMUT2Byte. My MAFAirTempScaled is between 100-110 dropping durring the pull.

Also I just double checked and I am running EvoScan version 2.9.0021 which is the most recent one.

Last edited by 9!'clipseDOHC; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Bump! Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Quick Reply: How to track the cells being used with evoscan