Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Help with injectors, lataency and scaling aren't normal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with injectors, lataency and scaling aren't normal

I didn't want to post this in the supermerge thread so people don't use my numbers. They don't match up with what others use. I've used others numbers and tried different combinations. But, with these latencies and scaling my car is +/- .5% on Low and Mid Trims after 3 days

Evo 9 with 255 walbro, FIC 1120s, pierburg ebc, TBE, & Air filter. 93 Octane using stock ecu.

I've been messing around with the latencies like crazy and just can't get them to anything near what others have for 1100cc injectors. I've done boost leak tests and touched and jiggled every vacuum line and IC pipe multiple times. Car holds pressure, no leaks.

It runs fantastically. I've logged it and don't see anything really wrong? Every once in a while it seems to have to search to hit 14.7 at idle, but it clears up pretty fast.

This just has me concerned because I saw another thread where people said 860 scaling on 1100s was way to low and there's a mechanical issue with the car. Even more so, when I go to run E85, my scaling is going to be like 650 range?

Latencies Scaling 860

I have the 14v and 11v close together, but it helped the car idle better. And if i spread them apart, I can't get the Trims back together again.

Any input would help. I also didn't see any rips or issues with the intake, and the blow off valve held fine during boost leak testing.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Every car is different. Did CBRD tune it? If so i wouldn't worry. My scalings for the PTE 880cc injectors I'm running are nothing like what is posted on the injector latency thread and my car drives very well and idles fine.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 05:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the reply,

No CBRD tuned it originally last year. I've made a lot of changes to the tune since then. And I wanted to tune it myself until I can get the time to take it back to to them.

I also wanted to find any issues it has before I take it to them, because it will only cost me more to have them fix something easy and stupid that I missed.