Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Help needed please, Converting Airtrek to MPH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help needed please, Converting Airtrek to MPH

Hi all , I've just bought an Airtrek Turbo R, which is currently in km. I've purchased a speedo/delimiter kit but for the life of me I can't tell which wires I need to join it to as the connector has two rows of 11 wires ,and roughly three of each of the colors of the converter. So how do I know which ones to use ? Am I being thick ?

I have an evo 6 which was also in km but the converter (same as this) connected to the gearbox in the engine bay and was really simple...

This is the kit

http://www.svaspeedos.co.uk/pdfs/mitsubishi/AIRTREK.pdf

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the exact same thing. It works. The sensor on located on the transmission BUT you don't need it to delimit the speed cut. Technically it does not delimit. The speed cut will come in at that same numeric M/hr now.

eg if the speed cut was @180Km/hr (as it was for me) it will kick in at 180M/hr.

To remove the speed cut, get a tatrix cable and raise the value of the speed cut. The highest value is 512Km/hr I think.