Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

93 octane map help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
93 octane map help

Can somebody tell what exactly we need to do in order to start my car on 93 octane map. At the moment I have E85 tune as a main map . All I want to do is have 93 octane map as alternate . My buddy has 93 octane map as a main map. He copied fuel and spark tables and put it in my ecu and I can't start the car.it cranks but not firing up When switch between maps pressing gas pedal down,car starts on my E map.immobilizer code is disabled in his map if it's important you to know.so what we doing wrong ? Thanks for your help.
Ps we both have same injectors,almost the same cams,turbos and we are on SD. I don't think it's important bc like I said we can't start the car.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
To start it all you have to do is retune your injector latency and scaling. What injectors?

Every car is different so it wont have the same exact settings. It is irrelevant what mods your buddy has.

Keep in mind, you will have to retune timing and your fuel tables if you plan on pressing the gas.
If you dont know how to tune, please learn or find somebody that does or I foresee a blown engine.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the fact that you both run almost the same mods doesn't have much to do with this. His immobilizer being disabled also wouldn't cause any problems on your end as it just disables the programed key code. Your injectors will definitely need to be scaled for your car to run on the 93 tune.