Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Need help reflash failed car wont start now

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need help reflash failed car wont start now

when I was reflasing my evo 9 it stopped in the middle of the flash. An error code popped up saying something like ( reflash stopped reflash again it should start off ware it stopped). So i did that and got the same thing. I put the battery charger on. Disconnected and reconnected my cable to make shure the connections are good. I tried flashing again and got.
[13:50:58.654] sending init sequence 1 (0001)
[13:51:01.888] sending init sequence 1 (0003)
[13:51:05.122] sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
[13:51:07.860] no response to any known code
[13:51:07.860] interface close

Now the car wont start. good thing its not a daily driver. but I hope I didn't just brick my ECU. The only problems I can think of is either my cable is bad or maybe the rom file was corrupted.

I have had problems with the cable before. I spliced a new usb end on it because it had a bad connection from it getting jammed into the back of the seat under acceleration. I have been data logging and flashing with that cable for a couple months since I fixed it. The funny thing is when I had problems with it before my computer would not recognize it when i plugged it in. This time my computer still recognizes it.

I don't know if its possible for the rom to get corrupted but I made changes to the boost control WGDC the night before and I thought I left the computer on with ecuflash and that rom open. The next day my computer was off when it should have gone into sleep mode. So maybe something happened but I did try flashing another rom. That didn't work.

Any help or insight into this problem wold be appreciated
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Your cable sounds sketchy but every now and then mine will fail to write. It can also be your battery, when mine is just a tad low it won't connect to the ecu. Try jumping it with another car while you flash it.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did put a battery charger on and let it charge for a half hour still doesn't work. Checked the battery voltage and it was good.

I'm thinking it's the cable. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a evo or other compatible car to test it on. So if no one comes up with a better solution. I'm going to have to buy new cable and hope that works