Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Car wont start after errored reflash

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car wont start after errored reflash

This is copy/pasted from the other forum since some people dont frequent both sites. This is my last ditch effort before I have it towed to the dealership for them to figure out.

Ok guys, I'll make this quick. I'm parting my car out so I removed my EF3 to reinstall my OEM turbo and removed my ID1000s (with pigtails) to reinstall my stock ones. After this, I was in the process of flashing my ECU when Windows thought it'd be a good time to interrupt it. Through numerous benching/flashing attempts, it still wouldn't work. I finally just sent my ECU to Tactrix.

I received my ECU back today, the car still wont start. I'm talking like nothing is happening, no clicking like its trying to start, just the fans running and all the lights on the dash flashing. I noticed that the fusible link for the radiator fan (40A) blew. No big deal, I go install another one. In an attempt to read the ECU, I go look at it again and it has sure enough blown.

Tactrix (Kevin) has been great at helping me troubleshoot this but we still cant seem to figure out what is causing the car to not start. We assume whatever is popping the fuse is somewhat related to the car not starting.

Also, when the ECU is out of the car on the bench, it communicates fine. However once its in the car I cant read/write/clear codes, etc so the problem is within the car.

Any idea guys?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
could have a wire grounding out. that would explain the reason the fuse blows, possibly why the engine doesnt attempt to crank. check all wiring in the areas you worked on. make sure all ground wires are secure.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by momostallion
could have a wire grounding out. that would explain the reason the fuse blows, possibly why the engine doesnt attempt to crank. check all wiring in the areas you worked on. make sure all ground wires are secure.
I have looked over these over and over. I didnt touch any wiring except to reinstall the injectors, even then, they were on pigtails.

I agree with you though. Something is grounding out, I just need to familiarize myself on how to check it.