Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Logging Fuel Trims in EvoScan Need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Logging Fuel Trims in EvoScan Need HELP!

Hey guys, I hope someone can help me here. I cannot seem to log any data for my fuel trims using evoscan or Mitsulogger. Data shows as 0. My car has been running rich and it must be the scaling. I say this because the scaling right now for my ID2000s is 1125 for e85 which is what shouldve been used as a starting point. Latency looks correct and from my understanding those values can remain the same. I need to see what my trims are which I'm guessing they are off. Idle is around 10..5-11 same as cruise. Sometimes it will correct itself, but its mostly in that range.

Am I missing something in evoscan? or most likely in the ROM? i have the rear o2 simulator on and everything else that I think I need for it to read. I can also uplod my map here if someone would be so nice and double check everything. Thank you!

Old May 16, 2017, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Sounds like the car is in open loop. Check perifery bit. FAA bit 4.
A 0 is forced open loop. A 1 is normal open closed loop cycles.
Old May 17, 2017, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer
Sounds like the car is in open loop. Check perifery bit. FAA bit 4.
A 0 is forced open loop. A 1 is normal open closed loop cycles.
Thank you for your response! I forgot to mention that periphery is also set to 1 for normal loop cycles.

I tried disconnecting then reconnecting the battery based off what another thread said then started logging immediately and it still didn't pull any data.

I might try a fresh Tephra v7 map with only the injector values changed to run on e85, but still looking for help.
Old May 17, 2017, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

update:

I used a new tephra v7 ROM and did the bare minimum changes to get it to run on my car, so basically injector latency and scaling. Car fired up no problem, and there it is, evoscan started pulling data for the STFT after each cycle. Crazy part is that the AFR was way more normal than my tune. I swear that tune expired. By no means am I trying to tune the car myself, but now I know something in the ROM is basically preventing me from getting that data. Now to understand what the fuel trims mean.
The following users liked this post:
hughesX (Jul 25, 2021)