Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Noob wondering about pops n bangs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Noob wondering about pops n bangs

Hi. Sometimes when I let off at high rpm in 5th or 6th I get some pretty huge flames. I've put this partially down to my BOV making it go rich for a second and also I assume it's slightly overfuelling in that range, because the flames are pretty impressive.... I'm fitting my wideband afr this weekend and already have evoscan, so I'll be able to know for sure what's happening. But that's got me wondering. to map in pops and bangs don't people generally pull timing? So what's wrong with just adding more fuel in certain areas in the fuel map which is what I'm guessing has caused my flame show? And assuming that's not a good way to map it in, how would you safely go about mapping it in so it's a bit flamey at the top of the rev range? Do a data log and see what's going on in the higher revs and then slowly start pulling timing? I realise there's a few different questions in here and probably lots of fail, but I'm not an idiot and have been reading some of merlins guide, so if anyone wouldn't mind taking the time to explain things to a bit of a Noob that is eager to learn, I'd appreciate it.

thanks
Old Jul 19, 2017, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Guessing its something like this?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah mate, basically. If I do a big pull at night I can see the road ahead of me at the sides glowing orange for a couple of seconds. A friend who was following said they were pretty damn big